S-10 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to purchase a 1992 gmc sonoma 4x4 4.3l and a 5 speed and I'm planning on building a hunting truck that just looks ridiculously ******* I'm talking homemade flatbed and snorkel dual stacks coming out of bed but first things first I'm trying to figure out the small stuff only thing wrong with truck to my knowledge is it needs a clutch what would be the best brand clutch for a build such as this also I'm looking to use a 3 inch body lift and a 2.5 inch rough country suspension lift and I'm wondering if anyone has maximum tires sizes that don't scrub on hand with that type of lift

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I am and I did it actually doesn't need a clutch ended being a slave cylinder I'm waiting on parts to confirm will 33x12.50 fit with the above mentioned lift

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,359 Posts
Yes I am and I did it actually doesn't need a clutch ended being a slave cylinder I'm waiting on parts to confirm will 33x12.50 fit with the above mentioned lift
Help us out and use punctuation...Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I apologize I am trying to find out if the above mentioned truck 1992 Sonoma 4x4 with a 2.5inch rough country lift and a 3 inch body lift will have any issues fitting a set of 33x12.50 tires

·
Premium Member
1994 GMC Jimmy SLE 4.3 CPI 4x4
687 Posts
I know from experience that with the 2.5” RC lift 31’s still rub, and you’ll need spacers in the front to run stock wheels. With a 3” on top of that I’d be comfortable with 32’s but 33’s may be pushing it. Plus our front differentials aren’t really what I would call heavy duty so that’s something to think about.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm planning on running slightly offset rims I might just go with 31x10.50 instead just to be on the safe side I am only going to use this truck as my fishing truck to pull a John boat into tight places not planning on mudding or anything crazy I'm mainly looking for the larger tires for the look and the ride hight

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think this truck already has a lift kit on it can someone help me identify what lift it has
Shoe Automotive tire Wood Sneakers Auto part
Automotive tire Wood Plant Water Door
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,359 Posts
Posting your pics full size helps...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looking at it I think it might be a trail master lift because it doesn't have any special a arms uses factory arms with lift spendles and it has the axle flip I looked at pictures of all the available lifts and all of them other then trail master has custom upper a arms I'm trying to educate myself

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,359 Posts
General question...Why is it so hard to use punctuation?

·
Been there Done it
12,473 Posts
Well if you are asking for help, use some grammar so that those of us who could be of some help can read the questions w/o having to read it 3 or 4 times to figure out what you mean. No one is berating you. He is simply trying to help you get more responses to your questions by asking repeatedly to make them more clear for us old experienced guys who don't live in the texting world. It's the polite (when is the last time you heard that word?) thing to do. A good ole country boy should know that you catch more critters with honey than with attitude.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,359 Posts
I've had a pm with him...we got it straightened out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts