S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this up and I plan to turn it into a daily when I give my current 330i to my son in May.

Roughly 205k mile son the clock I will get some pictures today

So far I have replaced the air filter and serviced the rear diff
Replaced the coolant temp sensor.
replaced the headlights with LED units
Replaced the breather someone installed with an oil cap. Found and fixed a vacuum leak
Opened up the rear tailgate and lubed the glass popper so it works without having to finger the button to completion
Installed sound deadening on the tailgate
I installed a "retro" JVC KD-AVX77 head unit If anyone wants to see this thing in action let me know it is nuts
The front 4x6 speakers had been replaced at some point with some mtx units but the rear doors were still the factory speakers
I replaced front and rear with Memphis Power Reference units
PRX46 in the front and PRX60 in the rear
I removed the 160 degree thermostat and put in a stock 195 one for some heat in the freeze
I did an oil change per usual

Upcoming:
I have ordered 5 Iron Man AT 235/75R15 tires
I have ordered ACDelco 504-535 for rear shocks
I have ordered KYB 565048 for front shocks
I have ordered Dorman HELP! 49286 Control Arm Lever

I have the Gear oil for the transfer case and front diff to service those
I have a transmission service kit to change the filter and do a have fluid change on the 700r4

·
time to get cereal
4,596 Posts
You capped off the breather? You kow that's going to pressurize the crankcase, right? The breather needs a tube going to the intake (probably the air filter housing on that year/engine).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You capped off the breather? You kow that's going to pressurize the crankcase, right? The breather needs a tube going to the intake (probably the air filter housing on that year/engine).
No I replaced the PVC
I don't know if someone just didn't trust a pcv valve or what but they threw the oil cap away and put a screw in rubber gasket and a push in breather like you would find on my 79 corvette.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts