S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people.

Im just wondering whats all involved in putting a 91 to 93 one peice grille on a 86?

I know that I would need the new grille :D
And a head lamp relocator kit, but is there any thing else?

Thanks

:thumbup:

·
STRONG LIKE BULL
170 Posts
nothing else

scroll down abit, theres the same post and it has drawing of what comes in the kit so u dont even need to by it

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe Im just a litte slow, but Im still confused.

So if I wanted to switch to the newer style grille all I would have to do is, either get headlamp relocators/make them (plans above this) and get the new grille?

I've been looking at the newer style grille and it doesn't looks it it will fit into the area just below the current headlamp. In the current setup there is a metal framing? just below the headlamp, where as with the newer grille its the plastic of the grille.

:cry: :bash: :mad:

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
So does the new grille just cover up/go over the metal area that is under the light now?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Blazin said:
If you are talking about the cowl that goes in between the grill and the bumper, yes. with the newer grilles, it is only one piece.

So would I just remove that metal cowl thats in between the bumber and the current grille, when I goto install the newer grille?

Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Won't fit right. The center of the grille will stick out further than it will with the correct core support.

Definately worth the effort to put the correct core support in.. everything lines up better.

·
Registered
12 Posts
fetuss10 said:
John whats up? Thought u fell off the Earth. How things going? Whats up with the truck latly? POst some pics.
Hey Fetus, not a lot goin on here, haven't spent much time on any of the truck sites lately, barely had time to mod my forums on ssf. Don't worry, I didn't fall off anything :)

Very little truck progress, although my garage is getting dang clean. I do have all my lowering stuff for the 3/4 drop (coils, spindles, shocks, leafs and blocks) and a black leather bravada interior.. and a bumper cover and rear swaybar.. think that's it for right now. Thinkin about swappin the 93 noma grille for a bravada grille with some inserts.. but not 100% sure yet.

RE: Core supports - it's been a widely known fact for sometime now that the older style core supports (82-90) have 2 issues when installing a 91-93 S-Series pickup or 91-94 S-Series SUV grille - the center sticks out further, and the mounting holes don't exist/line up.If yours lines up, a few things could have happened - a) yer one lucky individual b) your truck was wrecked before you bought it and rebuilt with a newer core support. If I'm doing something wrong, so are a ton of folks on s-seriesforums and s-series.org :)

Heck, I only paid 20 bucks more for my new core support than I would've paid for the relocaters.. so I didn't do too badly.

--john

·
Hardcore 1st Gen'r
2,869 Posts
johnwartjr said:
Won't fit right. The center of the grille will stick out further than it will with the correct core support.

Definately worth the effort to put the correct core support in.. everything lines up better.
thank you john. the center of my grill sticks out. i didn't change the core support.

·
Bolt-On Body Dropz
2,617 Posts
all u need is the grill and a radiator support, i asked a guy at the truck shop about a week ago cuz im doin the same thing

1 - 20 of 22 Posts