S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked this up today, 48,000mi, its still rough around the edges a little rust bubbling up here and there. Needs a good cleaning, but I'm excited.

Even have original window sticker and paper work from original owner.

So here's some pics....

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Not crazy about the color, and it obviously has been wrecked, so I will be looking for that hard to find bumper cover.

According to http://www.compnine.com/vid.php there are only 2 exactly like this one.

·
peace and big boobs to u
6,026 Posts
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!! mind if i ask how much you give for it?

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys

Carpet & seat need a good cleaning but other than that in is in good shape.

I was the first one to look at it today and I knew if I wasn't it would be gone.

He said he had a guy and a girl coming to look at it later today.

I offered him $2500 for but he said not today, but maybe tomorrow because he had 2 more people coming. So I paid what he was asking $2750, I knew it wouldn't be there tomorrow.

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
Cameos came with roll pans, not bumpers, or any Cameo I've ever seen. Someone has changed it from stock a bit, that front bumper is not a stock Cameo bumper either, since it was wecked they probably just used a stock bumper to replace it. I think the stock front bumper is like that of a SY/TY with the sides cut off and mount holes for the cover.
Anyone notice the 3yr/50,000 mile warrenty?

·
Well, you're crazy.....
622 Posts
Cameos came with roll pans, not bumpers, or any Cameo I've ever seen. Someone has changed it from stock a bit, that front bumper is not a stock Cameo bumper either, since it was wecked they probably just used a stock bumper to replace it. I think the stock front bumper is like that of a SY/TY with the sides cut off and mount holes for the cover.
Anyone notice the 3yr/50,000 mile warrenty?
Huh.......here's a pic of an 89 with gee looks like the same exact rear bumper.:rotf:

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think I kinda like it better with the bumper.

The guy also kinda botched it up a little trying to do some body work.

Front bed on drivers side and tailgate above the handle.

Also under the american flag I can feel a dent and bondo.

·
Registered
927 Posts
that is sweet don't change anything from stock take it to a concours show. Then work on what they deducted points for the value will only go up if memory serves me right there weren't that many made

·
when in doubt lay it out
3,463 Posts
not gonna lie id drive the shit out of that! nice find :tup: any crazy plans or leaving it the way it is? i think it will blow peoples minds that its factory :haha:

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't plan on doing anything to it except clean it up and try to find a bumper for it.

·
when in doubt lay it out
3,463 Posts
awesome :tup: i love the color too.

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
I'm not saying it's not a stock rear bumper, what I said was, I've never seen a cameo with a rear bumper.
Must of been an option on the package, or D.O.T. nailed GM, like they hit GM after they never crash tested a SY, I forget the full story now, it's the story of the SY in the junkyard that they have been held to a contract to never sell off any part of the truck.
But just like the SY/TY, the stories are kinda gray as to what they exactly came with and variations etc..

·
peace and big boobs to u
6,026 Posts
on the rear end thing iirc not all states allowed roll pans back then and you could be looking at a truck that was delivered to one of those states and gm just put a blazer bumper on it

i get the feeling the grill is not stock either iirc the cameo's cam with black colored grills

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
on the rear end thing iirc not all states allowed roll pans back then and you could be looking at a truck that was delivered to one of those states and gm just put a blazer bumper on it

i get the feeling the grill is not stock either iirc the cameo's cam with black colored grills
Yeah, that's probably true. It did come from a local dealer here in indianapolis.

·
peace and big boobs to u
6,026 Posts
1 - 20 of 97 Posts