S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very close to doing a 350 swap i have a 89 s10 blazer 4x4 the two main questions how do I go about the motor mounts according to a video I watched where someone used a transdapt kit i saw the passenger side was higher than the drivers side and I don't have a lift kit. But apparently in order to make the engine fit you have to have a 2 inch body lift I'm not interested into doing that.has anyone ever did a swap without having to do a body lift?

·
B4U Task Force Admin
25,662 Posts
@oldeerslayer can probably provide the answers you seek...he'll be in here before long.

·
Been there Done it
9,206 Posts
You don't need a body lift. Having one just makes it easier because there is more room for your hands .
The Trans Dapt 4426 mounts w/o pads are the mounts you want. I've seen them for under $70. There are 2 sets of holes in the arms on them. One set for pickups and one set for Blazers,etc. Get your 2.8 frame pads from Rockauto. They can be had for as little as $6/pair. TD gets close to $30.
Your biggest issue will be the oilpan and pickup. If you use the front of a V8 pan and the rear of your 4.3 pan. with some careful cutting, extreme cleaning, and welding, you can make a conversion pan. Then just use the Blazer oil pump pickup for the deep sump in the V8 pump. I'd get a new one.
TBI 5.7 is the easiest. Or an old fashioned carb like model T's have. Any newer engines will need a custom wiring harness, but would be worth it. A Vortec 5.7 is 75 HP more than a TBI.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah my plan is to buy the conversion oil pan so I don't have to hack up my pan and what about the oil cooler lines would that bolt up to the filter housing on the Block?

·
Been there Done it
9,206 Posts
I just ran w/o it. I'm sure GM has an adapter for the V8 as well if you want to run the oil cooler. Part number for the oil cooler adapter varies depending on the year of the V8. 12562833 is part number for a 92-95 4wd 5.7. You might not have enough room for it in the S10, tho. There are aftermarket oil cooler adapters also, but be sure you can return them if they don't fit. It's pretty tight between the filter and the front driveshaft since the S10 is narrower than a full size.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts