S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been a little lazy on making a thread for my current swap project, but I suppose Ill post a teaser pic for those who care :) Also, Mods, Im not sure where to post this thread since there isnt an "engine swap" forum section. Move it if it needs to be moved !

This swap has been about 3-4 months in the making so far, and I have a ways yet to go.

its getting all of the electronic(computer/cluster/ drive by wire pedal, etc) from the donor. The truck was 4wd, but has been swapped over to 2wd with s10 2wd front spindles. It will be lowered after the swap is done. Im running 16x6" IROC wheels with 215/60-16 & rear 255/50-16. I ported/polished the head & will be running a 62mm t3 turbo as well. Ive fully rebuild the 4l60e for 450hp with all the internal goodies. a freshened 2wd 3.42 G80 will be putting the power to the ground(probly wont last long though...) Im shooting for just over 400rwhp.

Attachments

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah Im pretty sure it is the first of its kind, mainly because there is so much custom work to make it fit as far as the mounts/clearance goes. it is a long engine, but it will fit if the radiator is moved into the core support instead of sitting on the back side like stock. Im hoping to have it running by the end of the month

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: 1989 Jimmy 06 Vortec 4200 I6 swap- new pics

More pics - got a new starter intalled, intake installed, wiper motor mounting locating adjusted, hooked up shift cable to firewall side shift arm, and some other odds and ends. Still need to figure out a radiator that will fit inside the core support and a driveshaft as well... I have 2" lowering blocks I need to install as well as my caltrac bars and some 1-3" lowering keys for the torsion bars. I also gave the truck a 1/2" body lift to give a little clearance in the trans tunnel and help the hood have clearance as well. still may have to make a cowl hood for it. not sure yet

Attachments

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's an 05 block/rotating assy. With an 06 (better & improved) head. They made a lot of revisions for the 06+ heads. Bigger valves, better flow, and better valve seats. I'm getting excited to drive it, still got a little time to wait tho

·
Real Man
203 Posts
subscribed... Can't wait to see this completed. Be sure to post a Youtube video too.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update! wrapped hot side with header wrap, assembled piping & mounted turbo. Also installed drive shaft after swapping over 372 combination U-joints that mate the larger stock yoke joints to the smaller sized joints that the aftermarket Drive shaft takes. I also modified the rear frame/etc to allow for a steel rollpan.

Attachments

·
Real Man
203 Posts
Can't wait to hear some exhaust clips and see a burnout video!:racing:

·
LJSilvers
40 Posts
Wow, that is just impressive. And I was just reading thread that said it couldn't be done. Way to go!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Decided to grab a set of 17x9 camaro SS wheels and a 285/40-17 for better traction. painted the wheels graphite. All the tuning is taken care of and it runs great. Still havent had anybody guess the correct engine before opening the hood. also replaced all solenoids in Tranny as well as the 1-2 & 3-4 and forward accumulators with Sonnax pinless style

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would love to see a 4.2 in one of those, my mother had a 02 envoy with the 4.2 and it had a locking 3.73 , even at 176,xxx mile that thing would FLY, it could do dounuts then burn all of 1st gear on dry pavement. Very strong motors!

·
Real Man
203 Posts
Got any videos of it yet? Sweet Jimmy. My Camaro has stolen much of my attention but I'll soon be tinkering more with my 350 to get ready to set in my 5 speed 4wd S10.

·
Flame It ALL
8,853 Posts
The 4.2 is a very underrated engine, 400rwhp should be possible with mild boost no problem.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts