S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the truck is a 1988 extended cab, with power locks but manual windows.

My soecific issue is i am wiring in a remote start/keyless entry system (compustar 920s) and the remote start function works, but the lock and unlock dont.

The install guide i have says lock should be conrrolled via a light blue wire and unlock should be black/white, both in the doors wire loom, and should need a negative trigger. I tagged into those wires, but the locks dont react in any way when i press a button. Am i missing something? And please tell me its something obvious.

My remote start puts out a negative 250ma trigger for .8 seconds if that matters.

Im going crazy trying to figure this out and am on a time crunch to finish it so any help will be greatly appreciated!

·
Been there Done it
8,599 Posts
Welcome to the S10 forum.
Did a little digging and found out why you are asking us, because Compustar is no help at all.
Here's the first review on Amazon of the 920s;
No wiring diagram. It’s not provided and if you ask for one they say “a certified mechanic “ has to do it. If you call the people who install them, they will tell you they won’t install it unless you bought it from them
Better brands like Viper have an 800 number for tech support and include detailed instructions.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Funny enough i am a 12 volt installer. Compustar is no help but its what we carry at the moment, i have put this system in all linds of vehicles but this little chevy is the first to be an issue.

If i ever get it figured out though i will post the fix to hopefully save someone else the headache.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It needed polarity flipping relays, works perfectly now, i knew it would be something obvious.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts