S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1988 s10 longbed. Never had the ses light come on before. Just driving along one day I get the ses light. (No change in power, drivability or throttle response) use a paper clip and jump the A and B terminals to check the codes. 24 and 34.
I’ve figured 24 is the speed sensor, but what’s weird is my speedometer is surprisingly accurate when I’m driving past a speed sign- more importantly though it works.
code 34 I think had something to do with causing 24. I had a parts s10 so I swapped the MAP sensor onto my S10, still runs and idles fine, but same codes. I’ve pulled the - battery cable to clear the codes but they come right back once I drive it again. I can’t get farther than 2 miles without the codes showing. Turn the car off and back on, no more codes. 2 miles later, the codes. Any help is appreciated. I’m stumped. Should I go all in and get new MAP sensor and VSS?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Start with map diagnostic, 34 can cause 24 if you cruise at one speed for 5 seconds. Grounded or open circuit or bad map sensor. What engine is this?

·
B4U Task Force Admin
25,702 Posts
Start with map diagnostic, 34 can cause 24 if you cruise at one speed for 5 seconds. Grounded or open circuit or bad map sensor. What engine is this?
2.8L

·
Registered
129 Posts
I must have missed that. How did you know it is a 2.8l

·
Registered
129 Posts
LOL, didn't even look at the subject line.
Hanging my head on that one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts