S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running the stock Delco Radio and only the front right dash speaker is playing sound. I imagine that all the other speakers are dead.

I just purchased 4x6 Pioneer speakers for the front dash. I replaced the front right that wasn't working and kept the front left stock speaker and tested.

Not playing out of the new speaker!

Why would this be?

·
Mr Goodwrench's Evil Twin
331 Posts
Either there is a break in the speaker wire between the radio and the speaker or the radio itself has an internal issue. Or somebody in the past may have had an aftermarket deck in it and put the stock deck back in when they sold it. If so, the wiring behind the radio will have been tampered with and could have a bad connection. Given the relatively short distance between the radio and the speaker, I would just run new speaker wire between the two. If that doesn't fix it and the connections behind the radio are all good, then it's the radio itself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Either there is a break in the speaker wire between the radio and the speaker or the radio itself has an internal issue. Or somebody in the past may have had an aftermarket deck in it and put the stock deck back in when they sold it. If so, the wiring behind the radio will have been tampered with and could have a bad connection. Given the relatively short distance between the radio and the speaker, I would just run new speaker wire between the two. If that doesn't fix it and the connections behind the radio are all good, then it's the radio itself.
I'll Check out the wiring. I hope I just need to replace wiring and the stock unit is good. I'm enjoying listening to full cassette tapes again!

·
time to get cereal
2,284 Posts
Can't say I've ever heard a automotive tape deck worth a darn... but I've got some component decks that you wouldn't be able to tell you were listening to a cassette unless you heard an LP or CD on the same system.

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Ive got an 01 I bought new that has the separate deck in the console.
Ive never used it.
In the 70s thats all I used when everyone else was stuck on 8 tracks.
Now today CDs are becoming a thing of the past with MP3s and bluetooth streaming
or satellite the thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts