S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

So Recently my power steering bracket completely snapped in two on my and now she's stuck in my driveway. Early last year my smog pump went out, to which I ended up just deleting following a guide on this forum. I replaced the tensioner and the drive belt with one from a 1991 rodeo with a 3.1L V6 with AC, which worked perfectly. Now I need a way to drive it over to my mechanic's, as I really don't want to tow it. So, anyone happen to know the belt size?

TL;DR-- Need a belt for
  • No power steering pump
  • No Smog pump
  • With A/C

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Quickest route to figure it out is to grab a string and measure how long it is routing through the pulleys you want.

I don't think GM sold a truck with No PS, No Smog, but with Air Conditioning.

Is this on a 2.8L V6?

·
time to get cereal
3,588 Posts
Yea, just measure it... the lengths are all coded in the part numbers depending on which brand you're looking at. Mine is a 2.2L without AC or power steering, and the fan pulley deleted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quickest route to figure it out is to grab a string and measure how long it is routing through the pulleys you want.

I don't think GM sold a truck with No PS, No Smog, but with Air Conditioning.

Is this on a 2.8L V6?
Yeah, this is the 2.8L V6, my bad. And no I doubt they sold a truck that specific, that’s just how my truck unfortunately ended up.

I attempted already to find the correct belt size but we kept being off by only a few cm each time. Though we gave up pretty quickly. Will there actually be a belt that fits? Or am I wasiting my time?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, just measure it... the lengths are all coded in the part numbers depending on which brand you're looking at. Mine is a 2.2L without AC or power steering, and the fan pulley deleted.
Yeah we tried that a few times going back and forth, but we gave up after 3 unsuccessful runs. It’s possible our measurement wasn’t too accurate. We kept getting a belt that almost fit, but not enough to get over the tensioner.

Am I wasting my time here or will one belt eventually fit?

·
B4U Task Force Admin
25,286 Posts
Can you play with different size pulleys...like the Camaro p/s pulley?

·
time to get cereal
3,588 Posts
OP says no PS... anyway, what is the measurement? Belts usually come in 1/2" increments, it would be pretty weird not to be able to find one. Also, you can go down a rib if needed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts