S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got hold of an old truck that someone have messed around with. The wiring is just a spaghetti so is the vacuum lines.
What I have done so far, it had no fuel to the injectors when I started.

Bad ground on the fuel pump
fuel pump relay was stuck
injectors was wrongly wired (its a TBI truck, someone stuck a carb on it, next owner takes it off and put TBI back on, but didnt get it up and running)
No ground to the emc
Some other wires where cut and moved around

The injectors spray now and I have spark on all the plugs, it cranks but no ignition. I have put gas down the TBI and it only blast it up and no sign of life.

Any good ideas for me to keep searching.

·
94 4x4,01 Blazer
2001 Blazer 4dr 4wd LT
1,040 Posts
you say "blast it up"- does is try to start? rumble then die or blow it back up the tbi? is the spark fat and blue?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No rumble at all, just blows it back up the tbi. Will not say the sparks are fat, rather small.

·
94 4x4,01 Blazer
2001 Blazer 4dr 4wd LT
1,040 Posts
blow back- timing off- and small spark not good - grounds or coil- check the grounds first, then your firing order- then dizzy position- one thing at a time- you have too much going on to rush

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think i have the grounds sorted out, checked the firing order, the dizzy i have "eyed". It blows back if i put extra gas down the tbi. When i take out the spark plugs they look dry even when i have cranked for some time. It never rumbles, so i am a little lost on why..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts