S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1986 S-10 Blazer 2.8L With Computer/Fuel Problems HELP me please!!!!!!!!

Thanks for having such a good forum here!

I have a 1986 S-10 Blazer with 2.8L TBI. I have had this for about two years now. The Blazer has sat for about 8 months until I changed out the engine (locked up :bash: due to oil leak).

I just replaced the engine ('89 2.8 ltr TBI engine) and have been having rough idle, yesterday as I left a stop light it died on me, no check engine light at all now (not even when I just switch the key on) and it keeps blowing the ecm2 fuse, gets spark but now fuel. Could this be a computer gone bad? Check engine light was flashing occasionally but would leave no code in the computer. Please help me!

I have changed the computer and it worked for one split second then died again. Will check the fuel pump relay and the wiring to see if that is the problem.if you have any other suggestions throw them at me. :cry:

When I put the engine in I had some problems arise inside the vehicle the horn was locked up (must have happened while it was sitting) also the dome light and heater blower blew out fuses (which I have not replaced). I don't know if this is related but it may be. :mad:

If anyone out there can help me please do so! :confused:

Thanks again for such a good forum.

·
Accent, what accent
778 Posts
you are going to have to go over the wiring very a fine tooth comb . sounds like the harness or part of it is pinched to ground. check the wiring at the fire wall and by the manifolds .you could have had a melt down. try this to start. GOOD LUCK

·
Accent, what accent
778 Posts
ive seen this once or twice too --- check the voltage coming from your alternator . if the regulators go bad sometimes the voltage will go way up like 20 or so volts . that will screw sh!t up. just a thought

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
there should be an orange wire comming from the firewall distribution on the drivers side that goes over to the ecu also there will be a couple of split offs i think 4 where it goes to diffrent sensors also that is run from your ecm b fuse. also make sure your ecm i (a) fuse isnt blowing also that wire comes from the same block and follows a similar route it is pink with a black tracer on it.

if ya need any help with the wireing just ask i just got done intergrating a 4.3 ecu/harness with my stock 86 wireing. Boy was that a load of fun.:rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts