S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1985 s10 blazer 2dr 2wd and im looking for trans crossmember ideas. Im putting it an lq4 and a 4L80E and I cant find much for options. Anyone make one or know of one? Any help is help. Thanks

·
B4U Task Force Admin
27,097 Posts
Check with Holley.

·
Been there Done it
10,084 Posts
That what I used. They are usually the same price no matter where you get them. So you may as well get it from the horses mouth, Holley themselves. If you wait until December Holley usually has Holley days and prices are lower for one month. I'm planning to get my exhaust manifolds from them in Dec. unless they don't do it this year.
Hooker 71222020HKR
There is actually one more piece that's not shown in the pic that fits between the crossmember and the trans mount. It takes the 2 bolt on the bottom rubber mount. I had a 1 bolt new one so I drilled a new hole rather than buy another rubber mount.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That what I used. They are usually the same price no matter where you get them. So you may as well get it from the horses mouth, Holley themselves. If you wait until December Holley usually has Holley days and prices are lower for one month. I'm planning to get my exhaust manifolds from them in Dec. unless they don't do it this year.
Hooker 71222020HKR
There is actually one more piece that's not shown in the pic that fits between the crossmember and the trans mount. It takes the 2 bolt on the bottom rubber mount. I had a 1 bolt new one so I drilled a new hole rather than buy another rubber mount.
View attachment 344411

I asked if that worked and they said the hadnt tested it on a first gen 2wd blazer and couldnt tell me if it worked.... Did it work for you?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hooker 71222020HKR
View attachment 344411

This worked on your blazer?

·
Been there Done it
10,084 Posts
Hooker won't work on a Blazer. They're different than the trucks, but
These guys claim to have them for both 4l60E's and 4l80E's under any Blazer. Not cheap.

·
Been there Done it
10,084 Posts
Nope, that's a pickup crossmember. Near the bottom of linked page I found this statement:
Important Note: Some S10 Blazers have a frame configuration that mounts on top of the frame rail for both the driver and passenger sides. The GForce Performance crossmember is designed to bolt through the side of the passenger frame rail and will not work for the “top frame” configuration.
I think by "SOME" they mean all 2wd Blazers.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
27,097 Posts
Nope, that's a pickup crossmember. Near the bottom of linked page I found this statement:

I think by "SOME" they mean all 2wd Blazers.
He won't k now unless he calls and looks to see how his fits now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I called and he didnt have an answer for me..... But ill do some more diggin and worst case ill make my own

1 - 11 of 11 Posts