S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1985 s10 4x4
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you guys have any experience with replacing the stock shifter boot on a 1st gen manual 4 speed /4x4 with something non oem? The only thing I've seen is 1 oem on ebay that's got a tear. Mine is basically destroyed. In all my searches I've found nothing. I was wondering if anyone has come up with any creative solutions. There's plenty of options for 2wd, so was thinking about stitching one of those to a transfer case boot. Given the funky shape tho.... anyway, was trying to avoid reinventing the wheel here. I know the truck is old but was surprised there's nothing out there I've found yet. So far, I'm finding everything else I'm looking for.

I've located some floor shifter consoles in some junk yards but have not heard back if the actual boots are still intact... and given the age, I imagine will be dry rotted like mine.

Thanks in advance for any guidance, advice, or ideas.

·
94 4x4,01 Blazer
2001 Blazer 4dr 4wd LT
1,043 Posts
find one online that is just a bit bigger- and trim to fit

Reactions: Amphib

·
Registered
1985 s10 4x4
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I wondered about that. The jeep cj boots looked bigger and thought it might work. I'll hunt around for some measurements or a cheap boneyard one I can experiment with.

This was the one I was wondering about.

·
94 4x4,01 Blazer
2001 Blazer 4dr 4wd LT
1,043 Posts
try Tractor Supply or a heavy equip supplier

Reactions: Amphib
1 - 5 of 5 Posts