S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to figure something out, so your help is greatly appreciated. My Dad's truck had the engine overhauled. Apperantly they switched the distributor and ignition coil from a 4.3l engine. Now that I installed a new distributor (for 2.8l engine) and bought the right ignition coil, I can't seem to find the right connector for the right ignition coil. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2003 Sonoma SLS ext. cab 4.3L / 4x4
588 Posts
What year is the truck and which engine does it have? What is the brand of the installed parts (AC Delco [OEM] or reman. aftermarket)? What part # is the 2.8L distributor that was installed? What part # is the ignition coil that you bought? It may be possible that a part mismatch is the source of the differing connectors. The more complete and accurate information you can provide will help. There are a lot of members on the Forum that are much more knowledgeable and authoritative than myself on ignition issues, and hopefully they can pitch in & help.

·
Awww..you ain't got shit!
3,655 Posts
To my knowledge there are only two on 82-93 trucks. 82-85 carbed trucks and 86-93 EFI trucks. I could be wrong, but I've never run into that and my truck is an 84 that's been converted to a 91 EFI system, so I've mixed and matched a lot of parts. Rock auto is solid advice. They will usually let you see the connections.

·
Awww..you ain't got shit!
3,655 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts