S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Evening.
Looking to replace my old original bench seat that offers little or not back support.
I would prefer to keep three seater if possible.
Where would I find a seat that would fit. I have a few pick in pulls, just no idea what make and model I could rob from.
Thank you.

· Been there Done it
16,225 Posts
Your best bet would be a later 1st gen S10. By 89 or so the bench seats weren't as bad as the early ones. Anything else could be to thick to recline fully in a standard cab. Or too wide for these narrow truck and would most likely require fabbing some sort of mounts. A later S10 one will bolt right in.

· Registered
1995 S10 2.2 liter 5 Speed 2wd RCSB
348 Posts
Another Option is replacing the seat Foam Bun, LMC Truck has a kit for 1st gens bench seats, or the more expensive option is an Upholstery Shop.
Every 1st gen S10 I have seen in the yards are Way past using as is, 2nd gens also.

· Registered
4,144 Posts
Looking to replace my old original bench seat
take your seat to an upholsterer and have them rebuild it to what you want.
it'll be much easier then tryin to find another seat, when you already have one, there is no fabrication, no hoping it works, and its not 20 or 30 or 40 years old and worn out like yours is.
itll be a brand new seat built to how you want it. back support, cup holders, seat warmers, whatever you want it can be done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts