S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i just piced up a 1980 z 28 rear end limited slip its so much beefer compared to my old stock one my only question is does anyone have the measurements of both axels becuase the mouning brakcets don't line up and i don't reeally wanna just cut them off and guess. any help appreciated

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
just wondering what you were shooting for... its the same rearend as in the s-10 if you have an earlier first gen only difference is 26-28 spline axel unless its got a posi in it then just add the zexel

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the mounting points where the u bolts go don't line up, wondeirng if anyone had the measurements so i can make sure that the shaft is perfectly straight

·
Registered
507 Posts
You're in for a disappointment. The 1980 camaros all came with 8.5 rears that are over 60" wide (I have one in my possession).
The two wheel drive s-10 rears are 55" wide.
I swapped a ford 8.8 ranger rear into my 2 wheel drive '87 s-10, it was 58" wide, I used '92 camaro rims that have 5" back spacing, even with that back spacing the tires stuck out too far.

So all I'm saying is your tires are going to stick out way too far and it's not going to look right.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i ws told by the guy at the junkyard that they would bolt right up i noticed when i lined up the one that the other mounting point was way off. anyone know of any that bolt right in that i can still use my sam rims

·
Registered
507 Posts
Only S-10 rears will bolt right up to an S-10, trust me I've looked.

It's common for a seller (or dumbass) to tell you something will bolt right up. I'd run that rear back to him and demand my money back.

BTW I said I used a ford rear with camaro rims, before someone asks how...I had Moser Engineering re-drill the bolt pattern of the axle flanges.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts