S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my latest project that I picked up about a month ago from a guy in Hopkinton. It had spent most of its life in Missouri driven by an old lady, it still had the Missouri title from '85 when I got it. I have wanted a 67/68 C10 since I was a little kid.

Just turned 100K inline 6 292 with a 4 speed manual trans (pretty much a 3 speed with a granny low 1st). Everything original aside from a couple year old factory matched paint job and the wrong wheels. Its a super solid truck aside from a couple typically spots along the inner rockers.

Here are some shots from the day I brought it home.

I also picked up an 07 GMC Sierra Z71 back in April down in Virginia after our shop truck puked the trans. 2" front leveling kit on 33" tires.

Factory bench freshly recovered still sporting the AM radio. I had to pull the tank to acid etch it and steam pressure wash it to get all the old gunked up gas out. It would run and idle, but fall on its face when you tried to drive it. A friend of mine rebuilt the carb, then we threw a new fuel filter, plugs, wires, air filter.

Bed just has some list surface rust, just needs a fresh coat of paint.

Non-power drum brakes at all 4 corners with manual steering.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Of course I couldn't leave it looking stock for much more than a week. The wheel s are a set of 15" Wheel Vintique smoothies chrome lip, black painted face finished with a set of babymoons. Tires are 235/75/15 Coker Classic 3 1/8" Wide Wide Wall radials.

The best part of this truck is the trailing arm rear suspension makes it super easy to bag. We manufacture the front and rear bag brackets in house at my work. The first stage was bagging it on all stock suspension components down to the original shocks.

For the air setup I am running a polished aluminum 5 gallon air tank, Slam Specialties SS8 2800lb air bags, Air Zenith OB2 Chrome 200PSI air compressor, Accuair VU4 3/8" manifold to control the air flow through 3/8" airline triggered by an AVS 7 switch billet switchbox. All of the air management is hidden under the factory bed floor (no hole in the bed either) I changed the front shocks out to a pair on Monroes designed for a 50's Chrylser sedan that are a couple inches shorter.

Rear bags mounted on the stock trailing arms with Lowrider Depot brackets that i designed using this truck.

Polished 5 gallon aluminum 4 port air tank

With the addition of a set of Air Ride Technologies tubular lower control arms I was able to get an another 3" of drop out of the front.

My intentions when I bought this truck was to obtain this exact stance for the Summer Nationals this week. After an alignment tonight and a quick wash I will be ready to rock.

Of course its not low enough, yet....

·
Low is a Lifestyle
302 Posts
So Clean! Is it ever low enough????..... until your on the ground

·
Glasshole
20 Posts
very tasty truck.

·
Registered Hoosier
4,450 Posts
I have a 67 in storage now that is my next project. It has been in the family since 1980. The truck is a wood floored long bed, orig was a 283 powerglide .Currently is a 305/700r4 with factory a/c ps, pb cruise control.
Question? did you have to install an adjustable panhard bar in the rear to keep axle tracking correctly?

·
PAGING DR. FAGGOT!
7,374 Posts
Nice.

·
Bought Not Built
3,541 Posts
Truck looks awesome, I wish I had a classic sometimes to cruise in, seems like they get more respect than a mini

:haha: I can see that, wish I could be car ADD also..
No you dont, it gets expensive lol

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was able to put some miles on her over the weekend, definitely a fun truck to drive. Driving this with no power steering, manual drum brakes at all 4 corners, and a non syncro trans gives me a better appreciation for the newer trucks that I have owned.

Mike is right about my car ADD, I usually have several projects lined up at any given time. It can be a double edged sword trying to make just one a priority which this truck is at the moment. I was about to cut into my 76' Suburban to lay it out on 24's until I came across this truck. Suburban is up for sale so that I can pick up my next project (1970 Datsun 521 minitruck with 30,000 original miles)

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have a 67 in storage now that is my next project. It has been in the family since 1980. The truck is a wood floored long bed, orig was a 283 powerglide .Currently is a 305/700r4 with factory a/c ps, pb cruise control.
Question? did you have to install an adjustable panhard bar in the rear to keep axle tracking correctly?
Sounds like a great truck to start with. I have plans to make a longer/adjustable panhard bar once I do a mini-notch and block in the rear to help keep the ass end in line.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts