S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, i know it was never unusual to go to 210 degrees with a 195 thermo (stock) but with the 180 while passing someone or going up a faily steep hill my temp meter will go up to 210 and then drop back down, WTF

I think it might overheat the way it climbs sometimes, but am I worrying about nothing or should I keep checking all the obvious things that might make it overheat

Its overheated once, which is why the 180 is in there to begin with, figured the thermo got stuck, I plan on running the jet chip and figured just do this now anyways....does it sound like it could be something else I have checked everything obvious. so after I got the thermo in its been doing this, I think If I ran it hard enough, it might go over 210, I don't know...will probably know friday night

Caleb

·
Registered
217 Posts
if your really worried about it install an electric fan and take out your clutch fan and just leave the fan on 24/7

also have u checked your fluid level lately i noticedmine doing the same thing when it was low on fluid i eventually realized i had a small pin hole in the dam radiator ....i got it all fixed now thing never see 200 even in traffic:thumbup:

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, took OUT my electric fan and now it doesn't even try to overheat......I'll end up installing another one down the line, I just think the one I was putting on there was crap.....damn you auto zone, I am currently in the process of trying to find my receipt so I can return the damn thing without a bunch of questions, I mean, I put 1000 so odd miles on it......I think the thermo just randomly blew, so **** it its fixed and I'm happy

Caleb

1 - 3 of 3 Posts