S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my problem:

My truck is lowered 2 inches all around with belltech spindles in the front and blocks in the back. I just got 18" mkw mk9 wheels with the correct backspacing of 4.5 but they rub frame when the wheel is fully locked in either direction.

What can i do to fix this?

Currently i am running wheel adapters to push them out an inch or so but now they are pushed too far out and they rub the fender flair even worse. I have no more fender to shave! It also drives poorly with the wheel adapters on. Too loose a ride.

Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Ground Force Truck Club
31 Posts
well are they 8" wide, 8.5" or 9" or even bigger...the factory rims are 8" wide, so if your new ones are bigger that is most of your problem right there.

·
Original Gangsta
2,308 Posts
your problem is not the back spacing.the problem is the offset...the offset should be 0mm.i had the same problem with aset of rims i bought.they sold me the offset and the wrong backspacing..another thing dont run spacers on the wheels it not safe to do it.what is the offset?

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
how are spacers "unsafe"? :confused:

·
Original Gangsta
2,308 Posts
it like this you have a 1/4 inch spacers or sometimes more right.so now you have a 2 inch lug thread right,so now its a 1/4 inch less that the bolts are threaded onto.this can cause your lugs to shred right off.i was told this by many different rim manurfactures and the chevy dealer also let me know to.most rim manurfactures don't allow the use of spacer's,if anything would to happen to you or the rim it would be your fault.if you need to use spacers on your applacation then you are putting the wrong rims on your truck or car.

·
Lease is up in 2004
343 Posts
With spacers U can use different style lug nuts. I'm running lug nuts designed for old mag wheels. They have a large threaded shank that actually goes inside the lug hole in the rim and still have the acorn on the end to seat properly with the wheel. I'm not sure If I made any sense or not.

·
BLAZIN SADDLE
1,394 Posts
I'm running 18x8.5 with BELLTECH spindles, IT's the spindles that makes it do this with 8.5" rims. What I did to stop the rubbing I welded some stops on the lower control arm with rubber on them. The brake calipers will hit the stops. U-TURNS suck but it does NOT rub. I hope this helps!!!!! :angel:

3-Billet Bowtie
4-255/45/18 Pirelli Zero's on HALO rims
5-Boston Acoustics speakers in doors/dash
6-Pioneer 6x9's in the back seat area
7-K&N GEN II
8-FlowMaster 40series with 2 1/4 pipe Magnaflow SS tip
9-2/3 DROP with Belltech Spindles and Blocks
10-Poweraid Spacer
11-Removed MAF Screen
12-JL amp and one 10” JL subwoofer
13-SS mirrors WHITE, matching handles
14-Shaved Emblems
15- HPPIII

And a list one mile long

·
Original Gangsta
2,308 Posts
if you need spacers then you are not runnin the right rim on your car or truck?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts