S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey does anyone by chance know of any short cuts that would come in handy when making 18" rims fit an 99 S10 Sidestep. I found out that they are too wide for my wheel wells...they are 8 1/2 inches wide. My truck is completly bagged and I was told that the only way I could fit them is to remove my front shocks(they are relocated)If I dont remove them I wont be able to turn. Also I am worried about the rear wheel wells rubbing on the outside of my tires and rims. Thanks for any help.
Shane B
p.s send me pics!!!

·
Registered
485 Posts
You could replace your lugs with longer ones and put a 1 inch spacer on and it MIGHT fit. Another option is to cut your wheels, certain places with cut your wheelin the center and cut it and re weld it. I don't think it is cheap. I have only seen with done with 17by 11 inche corvette wheels.
On the rear i mounter a 17 by 9.5 corvette wheel and it didn't hit the frame I seen people mount up to a 285 in the rear without hitting

·
I hate you
2,241 Posts
What backspacing are they??? and whatever you do DO NOT use a 1" spacer. If you do then you'll have to get 1" longer studs, not lugs. I'd test fit the front yourself and see how close they come to hitting. The rear shouldn't be a problem, check out SirReals truck, he has 18x8.5's in the rear on his and he doesnt have any rubbin at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts