S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
jrodgraphicanddesign.com
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any pics of a 4X4 Jimmy/Blazer, preferbly a 95-97 Jimmy with 18 Inch rims and NOT lowered?Im thinkin bout puttin 18's on my Jimmy but i want to know what its gonna look like first being that Im not dropping it.Thanks

·
32,797 Posts
It looks like it is. Like 1 or 2 inches.
It might be the same height and the tires just
give it that illusion. I've never check the tires against
the old stock ones.

·
SoCal Mini-Trucker n FL
230 Posts
Your truck looks like my Jimmy did when I first bought it. If you go with the 18s, you'll probably have to go with tires that will make for a taller combo than what you have on there. Plus if you go with 18s, its alot easier to bend a rim on those great Jersey roads. I see alot of bent rims down here, even with our roads. Why don't you go with 17s w/tires that will fill out your wheel wells. Just something to think about.

·
jrodgraphicanddesign.com
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea, thats actually what i have been thinkin bout lately, just goin with 17's, bc. honestly, u can hardly tell the difference between 17's and 18's if ur just lookin at the rim. I dont know what size tire would fill my wheel well and keep the height the same?

·
SoCal Mini-Trucker n FL
230 Posts
I would go down to where you plan to get your tires. Then roll out some 17s that are close to the profile you want. Then check the height to your wheel wells to see what looks best. When your ready to buy them, most tire stores will mount up a set of different tire sizes. You can put them on your truck to see which you like best. I'm talkin' about 2 sizes on 2 rims. Then you'll have to choose from those.

·
jrodgraphicanddesign.com
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was thinkin bout that, but the only prob is that i am buying my rims and tires wholesale, so im not really going through an actual tire place, more so just getting the tires and rims and having them mounted and balanced for me. Im planning on getting 17X7 rims and im just afraid they are going to look too small.Im not exactly sure what offset fits my truck either.

·
SoCal Mini-Trucker n FL
230 Posts
It's easy enough to find out your back spacing on your truck. Just pull off one of your rims. Then lay it flat on the floor with the back facing up. Then take a ruler and a tape measure. Then put the ruler flat on the inside of the rim where it mounts up to the hub. Then take the tape measure and measure from the inside edge of the ruler to the outside of the rim. That will show you what the back spacing on your rims are now.

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
i'm taking it your stock tires are 235/75/15? so if your were to put 18 inch wheels on it you could put 255/55/18 tires on it and it will keep the same overall diameter as the stock wheels plus be a little bit wider...which imo looks better.....people bend rims because the tires cant protect the rim becuase there not fat enough.....it you bend a rim on a 255/55 tire then you should go back to driving school to learn how to drive because your on the sidewalk.....my stock tires are smaller then that and i've hit big potholes doing 50+ mph w/ very little suspension travel w/o a prob.......

·
jrodgraphicanddesign.com
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just had new tires put on, and im at school so i dont know what size they are, but the rims i have on there now are 15's.So if i put 255/55/18 it will basically be the same diameter?How bout 255/60/17?

·
jrodgraphicanddesign.com
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hey, thanks for the site, it actually helps alot. One question, you think there is a big difference, like looks wise between a 255/55/17 and a 255/60/17? I think i may just stick with 17's, b.c the difference between 17's and 18's is so minimal, plus if i wanted to keep the same height with the 18's, i would have to drop down to a 50 series which IMO is to thin for a 4 wheel truck that isnt lowered.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts