S-10 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to do my research on here for months now and these discussion go in so many random directions and I don't have a bunch of time to waste going through so many different posts looking for what I'm searching for.. WITH THAT SAID,

- I have a 1998 S10 with the stock 15x7 wheels with 4.5 backspacing, per usual.

1. I'm looking into buying some wheels for it and want to bump up to either a 16 or 17 inch wheel to give it a cleaner look without some ballon looking tires to fill the stock diameter for the speedometer.

2. I want to go wider with the wheels but haven't seen much about anyone running either 16x9 or 17x9 wheels. Everyone talks about getting an 8inch width wheel. Is going 9inch wide front and rear too wide for these for clearance? I would fully assume in the rear would be fine but in the front questions me.

3. If I went with 17x9 with either 4.5 backspacing, has anyone done this and been successful? I will 100% never run spacers, but does anyone recommend a specific backspacing to make the wheels come out just a smidge more to look a bit more flush with the edge of the wheel wells without having a totally flare/bend/piecut the inner fender lips?

Currently I'm just wondering if 17inch wheels is too much wheel without much tire to obtain the same speedo reading for complete diameter, or if 16inch is the better option. And if I were to go with 9inch wide all around if I would have bad clearance/rubbing issues going that wide in the front. Any ideas on backspacing. I was thinking possibly 3.5 or 4 to push the wheels out for that.

Anyone got ideas throw them out there would be freaking awesome!!

·
B4U Task Force Admin
29,524 Posts
I don't have the time to waste doing your job for you, but if you had posted in the correct forum, and looked at the stickies you may have found your answer.

You didn't mention if you were lowered. This should probably answer your questions...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have the time to waste doing your job for you, but if you had posted in the correct forum, and looked at the stickies you may have found your answer.

You didn't mention if you were lowered. This should probably answer your questions...

And this is exactly why I used the wording I used! Hahahaha. I don't ever, and I mean ever, rarely get on forums so this is really random for me. Honestly didnt even know what stickies are until recently. I appreciate you throwing that link down. Thats a really solid page for information!!

Also, no, I dont have it lowered or anything. I will prolly end up doing just a 2/3 or something later on once I get wheels and go off that first. My biggest concern is honestly just how wide you can go with the wheels before having issues. I really wanna rip around corners in mine at some point.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts