S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
slowly fast
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
www.boosthead.com 24volt w/boost up to 16psi+,not really designed for street vehicles.Uses 2 12volt car batteries in series and a micro throttle switch.Just thought it was neat.Also saw an article in Grassroots Motorsports about companies expierimenting w/ hydroneumatic turbos.They basicly work off a device like a big power steering pump ,but with way more pressure.The fluid from the pump spins the turbo.I think instead of running the pump of the accessory belt the flywheel spins it

·
Store bought ain't custom
516 Posts
sounds neat. but that's a lot of watts. I wonder what the whole setup weighs.

·
Always Dreamin Big
2,300 Posts
That's great and all, but you could only run it a few seconds really. At 24 volts a draw of 15,000 watts means it's eating 625 amps. A vehicles charging system could never keep up with that, and even if it could the weight (and drag on the motor) would probably eliminate most or all of the gain from the supercharger.

·
Do I need a gas mask?!
5,780 Posts
hahahah jeez, come on guys... dont buy into the electric turbo crap. just do normal mods that work and stay away from that B.S.

·
Store bought ain't custom
516 Posts
looking at it I think the guy that made it was thinking of more of a nitrous type thing. like you put some extra batteries in your car and then hit the switch when you want 20 lbs of boost, or something. like I said, neat idea, just not very practical.

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
"I use and recommened the new Odyssey 680 batteries. They weigh only 15 LB EA and produce 680 AMPS."

Still wont last that long, AND the kit comes with 4 of them, so thats an extra 60lbs worth of battery killing your performance as well.

·
WHAAAh?
1,424 Posts
Can't anyone else smell the BS ..........all i know is I am glad i have my hip waders on because its pretty deep with this one.............and....even if it does work.....that 18hp electric motor has to weigh a half ton.......we have a 5hp 220 Volt motors to run our seed corn bin augers......and they seriously weigh around 45 lbs are are awkward as heck.......

Nate

Nate

·
slowly fast
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe you guys missed the part that its designed for race cars.The idea is there is no machining what so ever to fit it.No brakets,pullies,all kinds of manderal intake peices,turbo manifolds.Superchargers & turbo chargers are not exactlly light especially when you add up all the other stuff that goes along with it.No way in hell this thing would work in sreet vehicle.It would be more of a pain in the ass than nitrous.One pass and the fun is over.I just thought it was crazy this guy found a hair dryer big enough to push 16 psi.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts