S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 4 Michelin Winter tires, 2.25 x 16 x 60 on alum wheels from a Caddy and also 16" steel wheels from an Olds Intrigue. Unfortunately, the bolt patterns do not fit my "85 S-10 2WD (15"). What's the quickest (most economical ?) way to get these tires on the S-10? Since they are only going to be on in the winter, I don't want to get crazy with expensive or fancy wheels. Thanks:smoke:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Find some different wheels. To make those work, you'll have to buy custom adapters. The cost of making those wheels fit will cost more than getting a used set of winter wheels (try the junkyard).

BTW 15" or 16" wheel diameter has nothing to do with the bolt pattern. The s10's bolt pattern is 5x4.75" (5 lugs, spaced 4.75" apart).

·
I hate you
2,241 Posts
Yeah, try a junk yard, but then again, the only cars that came with 16" wheels, with your pattern are, Camaro's, unless you can find an S-10 at a junkyard that has the old style 16" 5 spoke looking wheels(I used to have some and I can't remember what they where called).

·
footbraker
1,236 Posts
You need wheels with a 5 by 4 3/4" bolt circle and not too much backspacing. You can buy new 16x7 steel wheels for around $40 each, 16" camaro wheels should work but many junkyards want too much for them. Blazer wheels have the wrong backspacing.

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Not sure what type of rwd 16 inch cheap wheels you are going to find that fit your truck, it might be worth trying to sell those 16 inch tires and getting 15 inchers for you're stock wheels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts