S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got a chance to get my tires mounted on these wheels yesterday, 235/60/15 in the front fit and look great no issues. The 295/50/15's in the back fit on the wheels nice and look great, however I had a clearance issue between the leaf spring and the bump stop bracket. The wheels were sold to me as the correct 5.5 BS for s10's which I know a few people have run without issue, so I am wondering if the guy I got them from lied about the backspacing or something else is going on with my suspension? I will be going to doublecheck the backspacing in a few minutes, but it seems like the best solution for me would be maybe a set of 1/2" spacers. If anyone can recommend a quality set of spacers I would greatly appreciate it. Here are a few slightly sucky camera phone pictures, I'll snag a few of atleast how it sits now with the rallys in front and zq8's in the back in a bit as well.

·
Blown ex ***
5,710 Posts
they look like monte carlo wheels 15x7(kinda hard to tell in the pics). the vette rallies are 15x8 and deeper.

i won't use 1/2" sapcers. unless i got longer studs.

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The wheels are definitely 15x8 and 15x10, the backspacing I did check on the rears and they are 5.5 BS so I am not sure why I have a clearance issue, it seems to be closer on the left side for whatever reason but the right side seems fine? I think I can get away with a 5/16" spacer on the rear, it wasn't a constant clearance issue. My pictures suck so you can't even see how wide they are but I assure you they are 295/50's.

·
Blown ex ***
5,710 Posts
are they aftermarket ?

how bad are they rubbing ?

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
are they aftermarket ?

how bad are they rubbing ?
I got the wheels off of craigslist from a guy that had them on a 1st gen s10, he only ran 275's on the back however. He had them custom made for 5.5" backspacing as they only have to 5" backspacing from the vendor (wheel vintiques). It seems as if it only barely rubs on the left side, not constant but enough to not want to drive it like that daily, I think the 5/16" spacing would really solve the issue and I am hoping there is enough thread with the 5/16" spacer, otherwise I'll have to get some longer studs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts