S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my dads friend has 15x4 jegs 5 star rims and he has 195/65/15 tires on them i bought 2 bran new of the rims also but should i go with the same tire or go with a 165R15 tire that will fit the rim a little better maybe then the narrow 195/65/15 what will be better shoot me with some detaisl thanks guys
shane

·
Panda s10 driving mofo.
1,592 Posts
how the hell are you fitting 195's on a four inch wide rim?

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
18,045 Posts
yea, im saying its dangerous, yea you're an idiot running it on the street, thats exactly what im saying...exactly. What are you going to say about it? huh? Its f*cking dangerous. You lose a whole lot of your braking ability, you lose traction...dumb, flat out f*cking dumb. Argue that you dont lose braking...do it. You'll f*cking lose. asshole. dont run skinnys as a DD on the street. Save the rest of our lives and let us know when you'll be driving...

save it for the track, thats it.

·
s-series #2?
2004 Blazer ZR2 w/ nv3500, 5.3 LM4 swap
24,783 Posts
im with the guy that rips his rotors apart.
especially on front heavy trucks (yes, blazer, but then you get the high mass center which gives more weight transfer)

i dont think skinnies on regular driving is being smart at all

·
**** YOU
18,901 Posts
yea, im saying its dangerous, yea you're an idiot running it on the street, thats exactly what im saying...exactly. What are you going to say about it? huh? Its f*cking dangerous. You lose a whole lot of your braking ability, you lose traction...dumb, flat out f*cking dumb. Argue that you dont lose braking...do it. You'll f*cking lose. asshole. dont run skinnys as a DD on the street. Save the rest of our lives and let us know when you'll be driving...

save it for the track, thats it.
lol. obviously i DIDNT lose. im still here, moron. i didnt drive it like it was a fucking vette.

how fast do you people turn corners to where it makes it scary?

i had 0 problems with them. my dad has had numerous vehicles that has ran 165r's daily. ranger, couple mustangs, elcamino, camaro.

i see quite a few stangs n couple v8 dimes around here running skinnies up front.

oh jeeze what out my dads putting 155/60/15's on the front of his car he's building. OH NOES ITS THE SAME TIRE AS A SMART CAR, and going to be a little heavier than it.

watch out for it!!!might hit you from losing control in a corner! :eek:

·
Duh!
78 Posts
out of all this bickering in here not once did he mention if he was going to run this vehicle on the street/strip or highway. if for the street/strip and street/strip only run the 165 tire on the rim you have. street and highway are 2 different situations. if mostly highway find a wider wheel, say a 15x6 or larger, then i could see where others mention of handling being an issue. i've run 165's on a 15x3 1/2 weld wheel on a mustang with no front swaybar coasting down the highway at 80 and was never scared to the point where it felt dangerous, plus with a 4800 stall you romp the throttle and break the tires loose doing that much it was fun lol. you skinny tire haters:p, grow a set.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
18,045 Posts
Dont need to. I know, without any fucking doubt, because its fucking physics, that it will hinder handling and more seriously the braking ability of a motor vehicle. i own a set of Weld Prostars, with 165s and 26/10.50s, Ive driven them on the street, Ive driven countless cars with the same combo or something real similar. Ive seen guys wreck, Ive seen guys die, because of their inability to stop, something they easily would have been able to do on a stock tire.
Fact: They will not stop as fast as as a factory size tire. Because...
Fact: Less Tire contact with the road means less friction, and less traction
Fact: Less traction means less road handling
Fact: Less road handling means less control

Got something else to say?

·
Panda s10 driving mofo.
1,592 Posts
:whogives: people will run what people will run. quit fighting.

·
**** YOU
18,901 Posts
Dont need to. I know, without any fucking doubt, because its fucking physics, that it will hinder handling and more seriously the braking ability of a motor vehicle. i own a set of Weld Prostars, with 165s and 26/10.50s, Ive driven them on the street, Ive driven countless cars with the same combo or something real similar. Ive seen guys wreck, Ive seen guys die, because of their inability to stop, something they easily would have been able to do on a stock tire.
Fact: They will not stop as fast as as a factory size tire. Because...
Fact: Less Tire contact with the road means less friction, and less traction
Fact: Less traction means less road handling
Fact: Less road handling means less control

Got something else to say?
yes, yes i do. go back to my other posts in this thread, i never once said it handled as good as stock. i just said i had no problems, nor did my dad, or people around here. pay ****ing attention to whats going on around you and you will be fine. not my fault the people your run around with are dumb asses. id be more worried about driving around the people you know instead of me.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
18,045 Posts
Ha! Ever been cut off? huh? No? Never had to emergency brake because some dumbass did something stupid? I guess not... You must live in a place with nothing but perfect drivers.

Look all Im saying is its not safe, I would never ever drive around with my prostars... Skinnys in the front pose a problem, should it present itself. And, they give absolutely no advantage on the street. Its a performance combo, and has its place...at the track. I just think people should stop and think about the posibilitys, what could happen. You may be the best damned driver on earth, but you cant account for the other worthless retards drivin around. Why pose a threat to yourself and others to "look cool" or "look fast" when, in fact, you "look dangerous" are so...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts