S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys think i should do? put my 2 15W3's in a ported or a sealed box? I want the most out of these 2 subs that i can get and still have very good sound quality. the subs are most likely going to be facing the roof or back of the seats, if i do a ported box, which direction should the port fire? I dont care if the box takes up the entire ext cab. :D

·
Grrr
1,575 Posts
sealed. ported is a larger box fisst of all and itll get preeeetty big with those subs. Also 15s are sloppy enough so sealed will help them stay tight.

BTW 15W3's are AWESOME!

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I love the way they sound with the seal boxes i have now, but i was just wondering if anyone had ever tryed them in a ported box and liked it. and yes your right, i dont want to loose the sound quality i have now... so ill probably just go with a different sealed box... i want someting a little more custom.

anyone ever tryed a 15w3 in a ported box? like or no like?

·
Grrr
1,575 Posts
theyre not a sloppy speaker, they are excellent for a 15....but just by nature a 15 has alot of mass to pull around, so id want to stay sealed to keep it musical

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok well quite arguing about if they are sloppy or not and somebody give me some awnswers!

bigbronco - i hope you know him, mister 3 posts.

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
ok... thats real smart.. piss off a mod, and also insult one of the guys on the site that is one of the first to help answer any stereo questions. :axe:

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
well... the extended cab portion, just want to try and keep it below the bottom of the window.. also need room for the amps, crossovers and such.

i like this quote - "The 15W3 made my inner child run screaming like a little pansy. This thing is a brutal, vicious subwoofer."

haha.. :p

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah, but the box would have to vary in size between the 2 box types. so id have to build a ported box, then remove the port and cut if down to meet the correct seal box requirements

how hard would it be to build a box for both? ive seen it done where the box has 2 chambers, they are seperated with a actuator that seals the first box from the second one until the actuator is opened, then once the actuator is opened, the box becomes one huge ported box.. then i could have SQ or SPL.. depending on what i what to compete in.

·
Grrr
1,575 Posts
hes a very good friend of mine. hes cool. we were takin on aim. that smnw always argues with me (hes been a long time lurker). so he thought hed be funny...just laugh. :)

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
SMNW2003 said:
no i meant build 2 prototype boxes, 1 ported and 1 sealed and see which you like better. If you ended up not liking one of the boxes you could always sell it too
i under stand you mean 2 different boxes. but like i said, i have actually heard of people doing that, building a box that is one size , small and sealed, for SQ compition, then they remove the divider, and the box is now a large ported box for SPL comps. im sure it would be tricky to make.. but it would be cool.

·
Grrr
1,575 Posts
SMNW2003 said:
I knew what you were talking about, cool but difficult

and yes Liftedbronco I disagree with alot of things you say :p but I still took offense to your buddys post
well im sorry. poor attempt at humor. us nj ppl do that alot. :2far:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts