S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have 1500 to spend from uncle sam what should i do for performance.. i want the largest and safest gains for my money.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im more performance minded.. not really looks minded.. thanks for the idea though

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
headers, port and polish, nitrous, bore your engine and put a new cam and pistons in it, did u ever get an exhaust put on it?, save a little more and super charge it, hmm your could put a new rear in, lots of stuff, depends what kind of gains u wanna have, nitrous will give you the most hp per dollar, but dont run more then a 50-75 shot on stock internals

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well the exhaust is still getting done in the spring.. so after that i want the largest gains possible at all times so nitrous is out.. i dont want the sudden burst i want the constant power

·
Mud Dummy
46 Posts
invest it, let it grow and retire at 55 with all the toys you want. or if you want put it into an IRA

·
Registered
211 Posts
Boghog1 said:
invest it, let it grow and retire at 55 with all the toys you want. or if you want put it into an IRA
If he is 18 and was getting 20% intrest that would be 37 years... doubling every 3.7 years.... hmmm 37/3.6 is would be 10.28 ... 1500 x 2^10.28th is 1,865,003.34.... but then again that would be in the year almost 2040... but if he is 25 and getting 10% intrest it would be $52,854.79........lmfao I am a nerd/walking calculator (not to mention the son of a financial planner) Want me to figure 6%???

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Did somebody invite him or did he just show up lol. Lets see, K&N Filter $40, DIY airbox mod assuming you have the tools $10, DIY Modded MAF $12, Relocate ATS $0, EFAN $200, Headers $300, Cat Back $225, HPP3 $300, Underdrive Pulleys $120, Set of 3:73's assuming you don't already have them, $179 Plus installation. This will put you real close to $1500 with a sick ass ride for the money. Want to save some more add a 70 shot of juice and you'll be smilin like a 17 yr old virgin in a whore house...I like my math better than Zonk's dont you....

·
Registered
211 Posts
I was joking... :finger:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah u have all given me good ideas.. red x i already have the k&n and already modded the airbox.. pulleys i already have along with the tbs.. so the other mods u mentioned do sound really tempting..

lata
norm

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
X, you have a good starting point.. If it's a 4.3 in your truck, keep the pipe size under 3 inches for the exhaust and run a tailpipe if you can. I have talked to a few guys around here who are running modified 4.3's in some track cars around here and they all say that the 4.3 likes a high exhaust velocity to produce more torque. Add the above mods and I think you'll be pretty happy with what ya wind up with......Bobby

Oh yeah and Zonk.....So was I :evilg: :booty: :madfinger

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
If he is 18 and was getting 20% intrest that would be 37 years... doubling every 3.7 years.... hmmm 37/3.6 is would be 10.28 ... 1500 x 2^10.28th is 1,865,003.34.... but then again that would be in the year almost 2040... but if he is 25 and getting 10% intrest it would be $52,854.79........lmfao I am a nerd/walking calculator (not to mention the son of a financial planner) Want me to figure 6%???
Someone has way too much free time

if you dont have a hpp3 get one, it will make a difference, whatever you do dont go for the jet chip

·
Registered
211 Posts
Ok, ok... I am a nerd. I learned the math from my dad a long time ago...

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Uncle Sam may just be providin me with enough cash for a 70 shot. Wife said I have to split tax return with her. Who says taxes suck...

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
yeah i'm getting a nice refund, god i love having an accountant as a mom, free taxes and a big refund every year

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.