S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
FATBOY
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone's hittin' 14's N/A? That's my goal, but I don't know if I can pull it off. If not I'm gonna run juice. If it can be done, shoot me a mod list that I can start puttin' together. Thanks guys

·
Road Race/Auto X S10
3,828 Posts
Well I'm not sure if this would get you there or not but a list of things that would get you really close would be: Shift kit, 3000 stall converter, Ported and Polished heads, Roller Rockers, a new cam, headers, new 3" single exhaust system, highflow or no cat, posi if u dont have one already, CAI, EGR mod, E-fans, 160/180 stat, and a reflash.

·
FATBOY
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn, that's a lot of internal work for 14's.....that blows. I may end up spraying. I get some $$$ next week and I'm adding a Volant, March pullies, and a Spintech exhaust with no cat. If a friend of mine buys my old wheels I'm going with headers and y-pipe also. I'm also getting a Zexel, because they're only $99. Should that be good for lower 15's?

·
Registered
742 Posts
you should be pretty close. I think you can hit 14s without getting into heads and cam work. I have run a 15.3 @ 89.08 and you can see my mods in my sig. That was with hot air, so with cool air and the right mods, you should get there. I think with and efan, and tuning, I should be there. If not, a set of gears will do it.

·
98onyxsonomazq8
170 Posts
well you are a reg cab auto, go with 410's, if not 373's cause you more than likely have 342's or 308's.

I Still have not gone to the track yet or update my signature that I do not have the powerdyne anymore. But with stock 342 gears, full exhuast, hypertech programmer with power tunning, gms air meter, and e-fan I ran a 15.8. Now with the 410's I should have knocked off at least 2 tenths. And then with a good intake(possibly k+n gen 2), underdrive pullies, and 1.6 rockers I should be really close or in the high 14's. And with your reg cab you have a weight advantage of a few hundred pounds. I think you can get in the 14's without touching the inside of the motor or sraying(I don't consider rockers to be internal)

also depends on where in the 14's do you want to be?

be carefull if you get a cam with 1.6 rockers, the wrong combo could slap valves against pistons.

·
up to sumthing
575 Posts
im sure you can get into the 14s w/o internals you just need some slicks & gears & a few bolt ons

i ran a 15.0 with stock internals & im positive it could have been a 14.8 with a better launch but i never go to go back to the track before they closed this yr & next yr i wont have stock internals.

·
FATBOY
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a reg. cab stepside too, I heard that's a big weight difference in the bed. I have to do the TB mod, IAT mod, and the EGR plate, I still haven't done those yet. Also, if u take the TB off to do the TB mod, do u have to buy a new gasket when u put the TB back on? Or can u reuse the old one? I thought this mod list could get me in the 14's:

K&N Gen II
JBA or Edelbrock Headers, SLP Y-Pipe, no cats, Spintech or Ultraflow muffler w/ turndowns
March pullies
TB, IAT, and EGR mod
MSD ignition
Mach reflash

I have 3.42's and I'm going with a Zexel. I thought with good traction I can get in the 14's, maybe not though. I'd like to run like a consistent 14.7 or 14.8 atleast.

·
SLO TRUK
199 Posts
i run consistent 14.95 w/ k&n intake, pullies, superchip, 180 stat, y-pipe, 3"cat, 3" dynomax ultraflow, msd ignition, coil, 4.10's and slicks.

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
My best is a 15.15 @ 88.5 mph.
My mods are K&N fipk, SLP rocker arms, JBA headers, Plug wires, SLP Y-Pipe, and a flowmaster catback, oh and nitto drag radials. Still have stock gears.

With an e-fan and Underdrive pullies I bet I could get a 14.99.
There is still a ton of mods I havent done also, hypertech or reflash, the above two, gears, stall, tb blade, maf screen. :)

·
Registered
940 Posts
my buddy jason went 14.9 with just bolt-on's on street tires, also he had a 4.10 rear and t-56 tranny, so it can be done.

·
FATBOY
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd like to run high 14's or atleast consistenly low low 15's on street tires. Has anyone ever ran a reflash on a N/A motor? I've heard it was good for like 1/2 second or something. That seems a little much, but I guess it's possible. Traction will be my biggest issue, because right now I can smoke the tire(s) first through the majority of 2nd gear on bone dry pavement, it's actually kinda crazy.
Also, I'd like to know about the gasket thing for the TB blade mod, because I'll do that tomorrow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts