S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, its the truck in my sig. mods include fipk,gms maf, tb restrictor gone, tb spacer, egr mod, msd 6al, msd coil, black magic e-fan, march 3 pc aluminum pullies, hpp3, bm shiftplus, crappy edelbrock headers+ypipe, 3" with dual out flowmaster40, rear end is stock 3.42 no posi. with a fresh bottle set up for 100hp my best 60' was 2.8 that was also the best run, [email protected] Would posi help my launch that much, also tat was without a bottle heater on a 60 degree night. i know that a heater is very importan for proper n20 performance and im only seeing about 500 psi max, does this all sound right though? oh btw the same truck without n20 last summer on bfg255/50/16 drag radials ran a [email protected] without the driver side headlight. let me hear some opinions, and i know i do need posi.

·
SNAUSBERRIES!!!!
194 Posts
500psi isnt enough to get much boost... i'd watch out cus you prob only really got about a 20 shot IF that.

You'll know when you get that full 100hp shot, i had a 100 wet shot on my last car which has the GM 3100v=6 in it, my pressure was at 600 so i bought a warmer and got it up to 900 (where it should be), the second time i used it the engine gave out....

If i were you, buy a warmer, otherwise your just gunna waste your nitrous, and i'd also drop the jets down to a 75 after you get the pressure up to 900... i think you'll be suprised how much this stuff really adds.

Im selling my NX kit, im kind of afraid to put ANY nitrous on my 2.2

·
I Am Canadian!
1,194 Posts
You definetly don't want to run nitrous with pressure that low....bad bad....with your nitrous bottle at the right pressure you should see a gain of about 1.8seconds in the 1/4 mile and 2.8 60's that is terrible a posi is definetly going to help I would also get some new tires!!

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
Any straight through muffler will flow better and should help you out on the top end when you're on the bottle.

·
Registered
351 Posts
With that trap speed your should be hitting high 13's. you need traction. a nice locker, some good tires and some traction bars will put u near high 13's.

·
Got spray? Got boost? (y)
3,084 Posts
If you are runnin a 2.8 60ft you are doing something wrong even with a one tire fire and no slicks. 500psi you are looking to have a horrible n20 backfire that lifts the hood off your truck.

Get a bottle heater. A better diff. and you can run high 13's on the street tires. run a 75 till you know what you are doing. Its no fun to toast a motor.

·
footbraker
1,236 Posts
hellbents10 said:
If you are runnin a 2.8 60ft you are doing something wrong even with a one tire fire and no slicks.
:stupid:
Even when I had 3.73 open diff I was getting 2.2-2.3 60' ,and just letting the tire spin.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the quick answers guys. i think by spring time i could get this thing dippin into z28territory. i already have the botle heater i just got it abouta week ago but im still savin money for the rear end. also the nitrous, when it first kicks on there is almost a ful second where the motor bogs even when i purge it. could this be low pressre or is it supposed to do that? I'll tell you what though, this truck with the n20 still runs pretty strong i havnt got beat by a honda yet, even purt the hurtin on some nice mustangs:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts