S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 92 blazer vin w and ive been having alot of trouble with it. my truck stated bogging i got home arked it and it wouldnt start again. i determined the fuel pump as i did not hear it when id turn on the truck, i changed the fuel pump, the gas tank, the bottom brackets, top straps. then the truck still wouldnt start, after reading on here about all the cpi problems i changed up my cpi unit and still no start. i have only 15 psi at the motor. my fuel filter is recent and i never had problems with rough idel besides a little vibration at a stop light here and there. i had the same bogging problem a week before it broke. i tanked up and it ran fine till i got to about 1/8 of a tank and then the truck broke. i have 273 733 kms on the truck and i bought it, it ran for 15 days and its been broken for 24 days so far. im getting pissed. the truck is at a chevrolet dealer and im waiting for the slow ****s to fix my problem.
anyone have this problem about the psi? and how much for new fuel lines front to back?
thanks

·
Clean N' Dark
1,921 Posts
When you chage anything in your fuel system, you put in a new fuel filter.

Maybe the pump strainer is plugged?

·
QuickerPICKerUPer
302 Posts
are you sure that the gas guage is reading correctly? sometimes S10's have problems with the sending units, I know Ive experienced it. I thought I had 1/4 tank and found out it was empty.

·
Insane Network Engineer
5,965 Posts
Are you sure you got the right fuel pump? Also just because you got a new one doesn't mean it isn't bad...But it does sound like you got the TBI version fuel pump (tbi runs at 9-11 whereas CPI runs at 56-60 for start, 61-65 at running)Also did you change your nut kit? If your nut kit is leaking you will loose fuel pressure.. Then again, if it is the nut kit it has to be hemmoraging inside the plenum to bring the pressure down that low.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im not missing gas unless 10 litres is too little.
the cam lock and seal are new and so is the tank.
the pump was a little different then the one i took out but just the base of it where it would sit on the rubber thing and onto the bracket attached to the submerged tube?
when i changed my tank ther was alot of rust around the old flew fittings and on the sender unit so i got out my pipe cutter and went to work i took out about a foot of solid and flew line and installed 1.5 feet of flew fuel injection hose to have more room to work while putting back up the tank_.
i didnt change the fuel strainer or filter cause they both seemed fine.

my truck is in gm and they are supposed to start work on it soon if not im gonna kill em all cause its been there since thrusday and they keep telling me they need there electrian to look at it and they oinly have one electrician that why its taking so long. assholes.

anysuggestions are apprected thanks to everyone who helped out.
peace

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey rlith you were right read my what a bitch thread in the same forum as this on thanks alot buddy.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I did the same thing. The parts store gave me a TBI fuel pump. I wasn't too happy with them when I had to drop the tank to change it AGAIN!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts