S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
All I gotta say is: who cares.

Its a crappy 'stang. Any "Muscle" car who's "high end" model only has 220hp is a piece of crap.

It's not that I hate Fords just the entire mustang design is crappy, I am only talking about the current Gen. NOT ALL MUSTANGS. For the same price you can get a much faster GM F-Body. Yes I know a Salleen or other special model 'stang is faster, but at what price?

This is not intended to start a flame war. It's just my opinion. Sorry in advance to any 'stang lovers.

·
Registered
224 Posts
hmmm.

WOW!!!! That's even dumber than the guys that try to build up the 2.2...hahaha...It's too bad the ford v-6 is such a peice of garbage. I am not a ford, or any brand- hater, but those v-6's come unglued very easily. The real shames that he spet all that time to be "different", and he'll never truly be recognized for the ffort, not to mention the 10,000 dollar v-6 running 13's...same amount of money in a GM 3.8 or a 4.3? I don't know, 10s? I have a buddy with a typhoon with about half that in build ups, and it runs 11.04. I aso know a guy with a Front drive87' LeSabre T-type, with probably 7000 in the whole car running 12.00...it's a bad ass ride, a total sleeper!!!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
exacltly, bieng different costs a lot of money. 10,000 into my 4.3 I could do this:
-forged pistons/rod/crank -- 1500
-major headwork -- 750
-custom intake manifold -- 500
-58mm throttle body -- 300
-turbo, wastegate, BOV, and accy -- 5000
-dual friction clutch -- 350
-auburn differential -- 400
-Borla exhaust -- 600
-AND 600 left for the little accessories(gaskets, timing chaing, etc)

I'm estimating 350-450hp. Easly into the 10s.

·
Canuck w/Truck
624 Posts
Now imagine if he spent $10000 on a 302 or even a swap to a 351W, then he would have a REALLY fast car, not a just a rear drive Taurus with a mustang body! Oh well....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts