S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 1995 S10 2.2 LS, I have 102,000 miles, auto tranny. I have noticed recently that my gas mileage has dropped down to about 12-13mpg. It usually gets 16 or so. I have new plugs, wires, head gasket, good compression, fuel filter, air filter. What could be the possible problems here to correct this or even get it up to 20 or 24mpg? Thanks for the help!

Brian

·
Registered
109 Posts
chances are your o2 sensor is probably gone or wore out. You should find out how much one cost for your truck. Probably $20.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I replaced that about 2 months ago

·
vw user
311 Posts
you might want to take it to a dealer to do a diagnostic. i think its like 40 bucks, but it'll tell you whats wrong for sure

·
Registered
170 Posts
:stupid:
Does Your truck "backfire" or "rough"when accelerating? Might be Your ignition coil, but best bet is to get it diagnosed.

·
Registered
170 Posts
:stupid:
Does Your truck "backfire" or "rough"when accelerating? Might be Your ignition coil, but best bet is to get it diagnosed.

·
Show Me Dem Titties
146 Posts
what size tire are you running? check you're tranny fluid level.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Figured it out, the SES light came on today, it was an EGR code and I also noticed a power loss as well. So. I took off the Cat, punched it out, put it back on... runs great and more bottom end.

·
Registered
113 Posts
So you normally get about 16mpg i thought maybe something was wrong with mine cause thats all i get in town

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea Ever sice i had the truck i only got about 16 to a gallon and not much more on the highway. Ive heard that its just luck of the draw with the 2.2 if u get one that is good or one that isnt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts