S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive gotten wind that the 7730 ECM is programmable and it is also tunable does anybody have any info on this or anything else. It cam in the 3rd gen camaros

Also.. a little off toppic. Would 1/4 plate for my manifolds work..like where the the headers mate to the block?

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
The '7730 was available in a multitude of vehicles, not just the F-body, such as Cavalier (J-Body), Beretta (L-body), etc.

There can be many different codes (programs) used the in the '7730, a couple of which are capable of using a 2 BAR MAP sensor, and one that uses a 3 BAR MAP sensor.

In my experience 1/4" plate is too thin for flanges. I use 5/16" minimum now.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So is that the correct ecm that ill need Raven?

I should be able to use it and have it chipped with the proper mask or whatever right?

And I have the option to go 1/2 on the flanges I can make plate at work if thatd be any better?

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
It's on of a few ECMs that will work for a boosted application.

1/2" would work, but I would use 3/8" if I had a choice.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Raven, is there any other things i nee to know with the ecm and wiring harness from the camaro that I plan to use? Im trying to gather as much info as I can before I get the engine.. im buing a complete 3.1 out of a camaro just for the intake, harness, ecm and the crank

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
2 Participants
x1991Dimex
S-10 Forum
S10forum is the community to discuss the S-Series, Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon. Join to discuss rebuilds, modifications, tech articles and more!
Full Forum Listing