S-10 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

120mm bolt pattern same?

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  loyalty 
#1 ·
is the 120mm bolt pattern the same as the S10 bolt pattern???
will it work?? i have a set of 18x8in Kosei wheels..
and they bolt right on.. but my brother says they wont work because they are off ... i look at th elugs and I dont see that they are off centered.. they look centered...
please help....
if you read this post.. then sign it!!!!!!

#2 ·
Yes they are, GM is our s-10's are 120.65 but 120mm will fit fine. the difference is about the size of a hair.

#3 ·
No No no it wont fit I had a set of binno wheels that was for a BMW and I asked alot of people about them And found out that over a long time It would round out the lug holes on the rims and cause it to be unbalanced.. And Its a little more then a hair off but not much more. when you bolt the on you can fell the lugs not setting 100% right

#4 ·
I was running 17x7.5 mak wheels on my truck with no issues.. Do you how small .65 of a mm is, it isn't even a human hair.

#5 · (Edited)
Just make sure you use centering lugs, cause Bmw Wheels are hub centric and GM are lug centric.

THeres about 5 or 6 of us running BMW wheels on our trucks. JUst do a search for BMW

#8 ·
99xtreme said:
I was running 17x7.5 mak wheels on my truck with no issues.. Do you how small .65 of a mm is, it isn't even a human hair.

actually it not. .65 of a millimeter is .025 of an inch, a human hair is probably closer to .005-.010 :bah:

#9 ·
put them on and tell us in a year whether or not you need new wheel studs, wheels, and/or a new truck. then we'll all know for sure. i hope to hear from you or your next of kin.
.65mm is big enough to see and feel. that's almost 1/32". in my book, if it doesnt feel exactly right, or look exactly right, and can cause considerable damage if it's wrong, i wont touch it.
even if you use self centering lug nuts, the wheel wont be perfectly centered. thats like putting a square peg in a round hole with a hammer. the best it could possibly be is not quite right. whether or not you'll ever know it, i cant say. but even when you have the correct wheels. you have to tighten the lugs in a certain order, and not tighten one all the way down until the rest are snug, and the wheel is centered. that should count for something.

sorry about the peg/hole cliche. it was the best i could think of. i'm very passionate about people's saftey...especially when it can affect others. things like this can take time to go bad. just because you run for 6 months with no problems, doesnt mean there are no problems. how many vehicles have you been in that scared you and the driver didn't think there was any problems? i've been in cars that would shake you out of your seat, with tires and bearings to make you deaf. "fix what? it seems fine to me."

#10 ·
are you guys with BMW wheels having problems with the cneter bore being too small? I got a set that this dude swore would bolt right up, but they don't. I need to find out what size spacer to use, and the hole in the middle won't clear the hub to boot, but I think the wheel adaptor will take care of that:shrug:

#11 ·
loyalty said:
are you guys with BMW wheels having problems with the cneter bore being too small? I got a set that this dude swore would bolt right up, but they don't. I need to find out what size spacer to use, and the hole in the middle won't clear the hub to boot, but I think the wheel adaptor will take care of that:shrug:

Yes, you will need adapters for the front, or you could just bore the center out a bit more.. Eithe way will work.. I went with the adapters 1/2"

#14 ·
loyalty said:
1/2" adaptors, isn't that what we'd need to run a camaro rim too? Did you get yours locally or online somewhere? thanks for replying

no you need a 2in spacer for camaro wheels I am using some now that I got from the local tire shop for $170...

When I bolted up my BMW wheels the lugs did not feel likr they where setting right. So I sold them .. I havre herd of poeple using BMW wheels for long times but I wouldent do it my self with out adapetrs

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.