S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Can Yah Hear That China!
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there is a sale going on at Hitronics (audio shop). 12'' kicker comp for 69 bucks, should i go for it? i have two 10'' profile baja's and i really must upgrade, eventually getting a solobaric but what do you guys think? send the 69bones for a 12'' kicker to hold me off for the solobaric??? or what?

·
Registered
20 Posts
i'd say go for it. i install mostly kicker subs and dollar for dollar the comp is the way to go, unless u wanna save up and get the solo. the 12 is rated at 150 watts rms, but i have done at least five installs with 400 watts rms going to them and have never had a problem. also about the price, thats a good deal. i get a deal at my local stereo shop because i buy so much product there and i only get them for 85 which is considerably low from the retail price

·
I like MINE with NO shine
6,577 Posts
I love Kicker comps

I will sell you a 15" Solo for 250 bucks :) L7 WHAT?

·
Can Yah Hear That China!
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha, i should................. but probably not, im gonna go in a couple hours and check it out, may or may not come home with one

·
Trance is what I breathe
926 Posts
They will really handle that much going to them? 400? damn I might trade out my 2 Xplod 12's...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Trancer- i have had a lot of experience with kicker products and and little with xplods and the little i have had with xplods i didnt like, just the fact that they put on some of there amps 800w and its only 400 x 1 is enough to turn me off. kicker's rms rating is 125 but i have put 400 w rms of true power to them and had never had a problem. i'm not saying that they won't blow, but thats just in my experience and they seem to handle the power really well, but they are also in a larger than recommended enclosure. IMO i would trade your explodes in a heartbeat

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
i dunno, but i want some of it. (4149 posts and counting lol...couldnt resist)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts