S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Can't Touch This
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all newbie here from CT.. just got my hands on a 94 black S-10... and have a 400+ horsepower 350 thats going in it... i have all the motor mounts and everything.... and have a few questions...

Is there a 12 bolt that will fit underneath w/out shortening or customizing it ? also.. i have looked on jegs and summit racing and have seen a leaf spring/traction bar kit for sale for like $300 any info any of that or anyone have details ?

thanx,

Gabe:drinkhaha

·
Registered
12 Posts
12 BOLT

There are very few rear ends if any that are narrow enough to fit under a S-10. The 81/2 inch from a 95 or newer S-10 is a little stronger, but it is only used in 4.3 5speed two wheel drive trucks.

Your best bet is a 9 inch ford. You will have a hard time breaking it. A custom built with a disc brake set up will cost quite a bit, possibly as much as $2500.00 GOOD LUCK

As far as traction bars, they will help some, but if you have that much power you will not hook up with or without bars.

·
S10 on NUTS
17 Posts
after looking around for a stronger rear for my truck, i found one right under my nose. it's under an old junked out 77 chevy truck and its a 12 bolt. it was right behind my buddy's shop where we have my truck. anyway, if u use the 12 bolt, it will have to be narrowed and the spring perches relocated to fit under the s10. i found a machine shop near here that'll do it for $300.

·
S10 on NUTS
17 Posts
after looking around for a stronger rear for my truck, i found one right under my nose. it's under an old junked out 77 chevy truck and its a 12 bolt. it was right behind my buddy's shop where we have my truck. anyway, if u use the 12 bolt, it will have to be narrowed and the spring perches relocated to fit under the s10. i found a machine shop near here that'll do it for $300.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts