S-10 Forum banner

10psi on a 2.2???????

3K views 27 replies 18 participants last post by  THE BAG HAG 
#1 ·
what kinda HP and 1/4 mile times do you think this would make?

It is a good turbo just checking?

Ozzy

#5 ·
Forge the engine and buy a mach or cavalier connection turbo and you can run more than 10psi the cavcon kit is good for 20 psi. whoo hoo

#6 ·
mach doesn't have a turbo out......so cavvy connection is your best bet at this point until 99super10 gets his business off the ground, then he'll have everything you're looking for.

Caleb

#7 · (Edited)
No cavy connection isnt your best bet... build your own junkyard kit for about $1000. $1200 with a really nice intercooler... will handle 20lbs easy. however your stock motor wont. it will handle 10psi with the proper fuel managment. i wouldnt beat on it with 10psi though id stay aroud 7/8 but youd be looking at low 15s at around 8psi depending on your 60foots. pm if your want more info on building a turbo kit.

#8 ·
Hey I have an intercooler off of a Starion that will fit perfect. PM me if anyone is interested

#9 ·
no....right now cavvy connection is your best bet.....because they have a complete manifold.

I'd love to see a junkyard built turbo kit with manifold, turbo etc....properly running..

I'm not saying it can't be done, I'd just love to see it

Caleb

#10 ·
SummerWolf said:
no....right now cavvy connection is your best bet.....because they have a complete manifold.

I'd love to see a junkyard built turbo kit with manifold, turbo etc....properly running..

I'm not saying it can't be done, I'd just love to see it

Caleb

Soon very soon my friend..........The beater project is in full swing.

#11 ·
yes yes the beater project looks promising......and you did it for right around 1,000 but you don't have a completely new manifold either, thats the seller by going with the cavvy connection kit..IMO

Caleb

#12 ·
Its all done now and I only have $400.00 into it. Runs awesome. You will love yours whenever you get it back. On 4lbs. righ now it screms...its a whole new truck. Its allready faster then my freinds 4.3tbi that runs 16.1's. I am getting my 190 Walbro and injectors soon so i can turn it up to 6-7psi. Then I will put it on the rollers. Also i am buying a 95' this Friday with a 2.2l so I will have to do somethin to that.

#14 ·
hellbents10 said:
Its all done now and I only have $400.00 into it. Runs awesome. You will love yours whenever you get it back. On 4lbs. righ now it screms...its a whole new truck. Its allready faster then my freinds 4.3tbi that runs 16.1's. I am getting my 190 Walbro and injectors soon so i can turn it up to 6-7psi. Then I will put it on the rollers. Also i am buying a 95' this Friday with a 2.2l so I will have to do somethin to that.
WHAT PARTS DID YOU GET TO PUT THAT STUFF TOGETHER?

#24 ·
Wow. My absent mind missed the blower & bottle section all together. I'm going back to the initial question of 10 pounds on a 2.2l. I don't think it's fair to throw a question like that out with out telling other intended modifications. I believe the 2.2 can take a little abuse, 10 psi might be pushing your luck on any stock motor. Right now I'm building about 6-7 psi in 1st and 2nd gear, 8 psi in 3rd, and 9 psi thru 4th and 5th. To try and help with anyone reading this, your bottom lines gonna come down to (excuse the analogy) how big your balls are. Adding any amount of power to a vehicle that was not designed to accept it is bound to cause you problems down the road. Each step you take to go a little faster will burn a larger hole in your wallet. Vehicles are unforgiving, that powers gonna find your weakest link and break it. Then your gonna fix it, make it stronger, and it's only a matter of time before it finds your next weakest link. So, sure go ahead and run 10 psi. But no one can guarentee that it's not gonna cause you some headaches.

-Sean

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.