S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Work in Progress
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to order this spacer.... part number is bel-4930.. I called styling concepts because i'm ordering some other stuff also, he said they have it ... but he called it a "Front Spring Isolator" sound right to you guys?

Thanks,

dustin

·
Work in Progress
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanx guys mine is on its way.

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
are these spacers the kind u just slide into the center of the coils or is it the kind u have to take the spring out and lay it down and put the spring on top of it?

·
Sold
4,592 Posts
from the way it looks it would go on top of the coil. the spacer is 5/8 thick i am thinking that it will only change the ride hieght by about 1/2 inch when installed.
anyone else have any more to add?

i will e-mail belltech and see what kind of answer i get and let everyone know.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Spacer

I used a 1" spacer from Mr. Gasket I bought at Baxter's. It sits on top of the coil spring and leveled the truck rite up! YAHOO!!
+ it was only about $15.
my truck had a little over 3/4 droop at the driver front corner.:thumbup:

·
Registered
35 Posts
How is it that by putting a 1 inch spacer on the front will level the rear also. The fact is now the frame is twisted. (A great set up for oval tracks!)

Has anyone set the truck up on a flat floor and measure to see if the frame is warped?

Why wouldn't you shim the body mounts rather then screw with the frame and suspension? :werd:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Interesting thinking jochumr. I can't measure mine since my truck is on jack stands with no bed and no front suspension.

Someone else want to take some frame measurements???

I mention this everytime this topic comes up, 98SSonNOS has a tech thread complete with pics on installing springs where he says to trim the sway bar end link.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts