S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Hurst Shifted 2.2
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make a one inch drop spindle for an s-truck? Or is a 2" spindle the smallest spindle they make. Also does a 2" spindle really give you a full two inches of drop if you install on a truck with a stock zq8 front spring?

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
Nope no 1 inch dropped spindles. There is 2 and 3 inch. If u put it on a zq8 front than u will have a total of 3.5 of drop.

·
Hurst Shifted 2.2
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So it is true that the factory front ZQ8 spring only gives you a total of 1.5 inches of drop. I originally installed these springs with a two inch block in the rear only to find the ass end of the truck sitting lower than the front after the drop was complate. Forcing me to have to swap the rear block to a 1 inch to get the truck to sit right. Also would adding the two inch spindle affect the factory ride quality, if so how much? I want it to ride like a factory truck, just sit lower. Thanks again for the info.

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
yes spindles will give you a true 2" of drop, and no they wont affect the factory handling. you will need an alignment afterwards though.

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
Yep your right. Stylin concpts said they had some in their magazine ad but its not on their website.

·
Registered
920 Posts
fake02zq8 said:
So it is true that the factory front ZQ8 spring only gives you a total of 1.5 inches of drop. I originally installed these springs with a two inch block in the rear only to find the ass end of the truck sitting lower than the front after the drop was complate. Forcing me to have to swap the rear block to a 1 inch to get the truck to sit right. Also would adding the two inch spindle affect the factory ride quality, if so how much? I want it to ride like a factory truck, just sit lower. Thanks again for the info.
do you have a 2.2? if you do you might have gotten the 6cyl spring, they ride a little higher because of the extra weight of the 4.3

a spindle wont effect ride

·
Hurst Shifted 2.2
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea I do unfortuneately have a 2.2. I almost made the mistake of ordering the v6 springs before I realized there was a difference between the two due to the weight of the v6. So the ones I have are for the four cylinder springs. Just out of curiosity are your HP and torque numbers before or after your mods? Did you notice any increase in power with the volant intake and jet chip installed? Which mod would you recommend the most ?We all know the 2.2 can use all the help it can get. Thanks for the help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts