S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered Loser
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make a 1" body lift for our trucks? Or is there a way for me to make one? I don't need any bumper brackets...I won't have any bumpers. Thanks!

SKeTchy

·
Registered Loser
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why doesn't anyone actually answer the QUESTIONS????!!! Hah, I always get other replies....cause I don't like looking at the fugly frame! Ok? OK!

SKeTchy

·
Mall wheeler
215 Posts
The answer is NO...you could buy a 2" kit and cut them in half if you really want a 1".

·
Registered Loser
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I only need a 1". I don't want too much of a body lift cause then the frame shows too much. And I don't want THAT much fender gap...just my preference. And I'm building a baja type truck. Not EXACTLY, 'cause the front won't be that much higher than the rear, maybe 2"s or so. Late!

SKeTchy

·
Registered Loser
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Plans on the suspension aren't even close to finished...all I know is AAL's in the rear, I haven't found anything for the front yet...except TBars of course. I'm tryin to fit 33's under the fenders...I don't know if I'll be able to do it though...stupid 4x4! All I have found is a 2 inch lift, which isn't worth my time I guess. Anyone know of a good 5inch lift or so for the front?

SKeTchy

·
Registered Loser
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
rlith said:
Trail Master 5" is the best. It keeps the originial geometry pretty close to stock. You want this because most others kill cv abd ball joints quickly...
Where can I find that system?

SKeTchy

·
Registered
107 Posts
even with the 5 inch Trailmaster kit you're going to have trouble fitting a 33 under the fenders, unless you get something like a 33 x 10.50 --- then you run into the problem of the gearing -- your truck is going to either have the 3.42 gear or 3.73 -- 3.73 will be better with the 33, but optimum for that tire is going to be alike a 4.10 thru 4.56 range. re-gearing your ride is going to run you in the $1200 range if you have it done. You might be able to live with the 3.73 if that's what your truck already has, but It's gonna feel sluggish.

The you run into the problems of the s10's stock front 7.25" differential and IFS being on the weaker side of strong -- the Zr2 gets an 8.5" 10 bolt rear end, if you're not ZR2, then you have the 7.625 rear end -- just FYI.

·
Official Canadian Asshole
878 Posts
33's with a 5" lift would be easy....thats what im doin and plus i got the 3" body lift...but i could easly fot 31s right now without any problems at all

1 - 20 of 21 Posts