S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at my local custom shop this afternoon wanting 1" blocks (I used to have a 4/4 drop on my Xtreme but that was too much for daily driving). Anyway, they gave me a set for free, they didn't have any U-bolts though. Can I put these in with the stock U-bolts?

·
Medium Pimpin'
2,403 Posts
Might be very tight but i think it would be possible......

·
Registered
47 Posts
New bolts

I would get longer u-bolts. The factory u-bolts won't allow the nut to thread on far enough. My Belltechs came with new bolts, probably for that reason.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Xtreme V6 said:
I was at my local custom shop this afternoon wanting 1" blocks (I used to have a 4/4 drop on my Xtreme but that was too much for daily driving). Anyway, they gave me a set for free, they didn't have any U-bolts though. Can I put these in with the stock U-boltxxs?
The stock bolts are too short, if you still have the ones that came with the longer blocks, they will work.

·
Wir sind allein
72 Posts
You can use the stock bolts. A lot of 1" blocks you buy don't come with bolts for that reason. The nut will go on far enough, there is just no extra thread at the end sticking out. As long as the whole nut is grabing thread you are ok, this is what takes the load. With 1" blocks this happens. I have the stock U's in my rear. Work fine. Just make sure you re-torque after a few hundred miles. You should do that on anything you put on suspention wise anyway. But to answer your question, Yes it is ok and its perfectly safe as long as you can get the whole nut on there.

There is my shear stress class for today. More Mechanical Engineering fun to come......

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what did you do with your old lowering gear i.e your spindles would you like to get rid of them ?? yea you can use the stock ubolts they will be just long enough to use. if you want to sell your old spindles let me know

1 - 6 of 6 Posts