S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I am trying to get my old 1984 S-10 Running again. It was stored at a rental house and some of the engine parts have been removed by the renters. I'm having a hard time finding the air filter assembly and the valve cover nuts. Any ideas on how or where I can find? See pictures
IMG_4074.jpg
IMG_4076.jpg
Valve Cover.jpg

·
Registered
98 2.2 Extended cab, 2001 V6 Extended cab Sport Suspension, 2001 V6 Extended Cab 4x4
822 Posts
Wrecking yards maybe, classifieds for the air cleaner or go after market sammich type. For the nuts, you will be able to find them at a hardware store, they are just acorn style in metric, and the grommets usually come with a valve cover gasket set.

·
Boozebag
9,536 Posts
IIRC, thenuts are standard 8mm x 1.25. The grommets are still on the valve cover.
It looks like the rest that is missing is standard early Isuzu pickup or Chevy LUV parts.

I am pretty sure you will find that your carb is going to be clapped out unfortunately.
Before you try to rebuild it or buy a rebuilt unit, save your pesos and buy a Weber conversion.
You will be amazed at how well the engine will run.
They usually cost about $250 to $300 and come as a complete kit including air filter.
Prices vary!
I generally find them on eBay, but they are also listed in Amazon and various other sites
I have lots of parts for these engines, but of course they are at home and I am rarely there.
Post pix of the truck if you can

·
Boozebag
9,536 Posts
It is super unlikely you will find an Isuzu S10 at a yard...
You will probably have to source many of the parts from Rock Auto, eBay or similar.
Example - the cap, rotor and wires are available ( less expensive) from Rock, as well as the coil.
I would empty the radiator and add new anti freeze, and change the oil/filter before you start it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mad Max,

Thanks for the intel on S-10 parts. Safe travels. Project will be gin this year.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Does the truck have Isuzu badges on it? I've seen some 2nd gen body-style Isuzu S10's, and the Isuzu versions of the Chevy Colorado, but I don't believe I've ever seen a 1st gen Isuzu S10. There's some interesting stuff happening under the hood.

·
time to get cereal
4,542 Posts
It's an S10 with the 1.9L Isuzu engine, same one used in the LUV I believe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is in fact a 1984 S-10 with a 1.9 Isuzu, 4 on the floor. Ran great before I parked it. No body rust. Approximately 175000 miles. Purchased in North Carolina in 1984. No A/C.

·
time to get cereal
4,542 Posts
No power steering or brakes either. Did it come with a radio?

·
Boozebag
9,536 Posts
If you want to sell it, let me know.
I have headers, Weber carb conversions and I think I even have a Mallory old stock performance distributor...
They only used the Isuzu engine for 2 years IIRC.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts