S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search on this cause my truck has been doing this since day one and the other day I ran my battery down trying to get it to start and it was embarressing. And I noticed that none of the old posts listed any fixes, has anyone come up with a fix to this? Cause I dont know about you guys but I'm tired of being embaressed when my truck wont start till 2 min later.

·
Registered
300 Posts
on my chevy celebrity (its an 89 so this is older) but when its low on gas it builds up alot of vapor pressure in the tank and lines and pushes enough fuel by the injector (its a tbi setup) that it floods the engine and u cant start it

i doubt this is your problem because the injector and tank designs are alot better plus its winter but i guess its somethin to think about, maybe u need a new fuel pump, or maybe a new fuel filter?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No its not flooding, and I know its not a fuel pump because the dealer checked all those things out before my warranty went out because I took it to them a bunch of times to try and fix it. They couldnt figure out what the deal was...it only does it the first time I go to start it...like at my house in the morning, after I get it started once it will start again effertlessly like all the other times. And it will do this in any weather hott or cold. And I have always let it sit on run for a couple seconds usually until my mileage appears from the all 8's.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
anyone know of any fixes out there? Or has anyone had this problem then it go away with a new tank or something like a fuel cell and a different pump?

·
Registered
23 Posts
My 96 does the same? Mine also quits while driving occasionally? Taking it in to the mechanic on thur. I talked to him and he had said that he's done a few sidekicks that do the same thing and its usually the computer. Mine clicks the relays before it quits also

1 - 7 of 7 Posts