S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
The Primered Panther
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my truck to the strip this weekend, I only ran it twice and didn't really accomplish my goal but at least I got a couple of time slips. My reaction times sucked but my e.t.'s were ok. the first run was a [email protected] and my second was a [email protected], but my reactions on both were over a second, almost a second and a half. So if I work on my reaction I might be able to get into the 15's. In my opinion I think that's decent for a truck with 136,000 miles. Just thought I'd post this.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Your reaction time doesn't effect your ET. Your time starts once you cross the line wether you red light it or if you sit for 10 seconds and then leave.

·
The Primered Panther
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...I didn't know that...I guess I need to work on my takeoff then.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thats a very typical time for your truck. Some run high 15's, but none I've ever seen in person. The majority of second gen s10's run low to mid 16's.

·
Purple Pavement Pounder
15 Posts
1/8th mile

I have never taken mine on the quarter mile but have run it 3 times on the 1/8th. 10.22 - 10.12 - 10.11 best rt = .466

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
What were you're 60ft times? I pulled consitant 2.3's launching at 1500. I think you should be a little faster, like 16.1's

·
The Primered Panther
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
The Primered Panther
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Extended cab, short-wheel base, straight bed. Is there any special trick to that G-tech? I'm pretty sure it's right.

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
97SS-10 said:
Extended cab, short-wheel base, straight bed. Is there any special trick to that G-tech? I'm pretty sure it's right.
extended..ahhhhhhh, thats why. You're carrying an extra 300-400lbs then me.

G-Techs are tricky to get right, you need a perfectly flat road and need to have it perfectly level.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I currently have a 4x4 4.3 HO 97 S-10 LS. 373 rear gears.
First couple of runs sucked. 17's and 18s at 86-89mph. I got a 16 flat in at 92mph. Some guys told me to run it in 4x4 mode and i would put more traction on the road. I never got to try it though. When I ran the 18 it was against a 5.7 Firebird 99 model. I roasted my tires for 104 feet. A lot of people were impressed and they thought it was just cool. I also had a time of .499 against a 86 Vette. I put that thing in the dust. .001 of perfect and damn redlined.

Can someone point me where I can learn how to make my rear end posi track? I hate the one wheel peels then my driver side sometimes kicks in.

·
formally Lownoma
2,458 Posts
i took my truck to the track and ran it with the stock tires instead of the 18's increased time by 3 10ths..best ive ran with my truck on a cooler day was 15.75 at 86 mph thats with the mods below and the power steering bypass'd with a shorter belt... i need posi..oh yah and i also have a extended cab truck

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
G-Techs dont like burnout launches. Start a little bit slower and you'll get a better time. I dont know if its accurate or not but you can impress your friends. I guess if you were ganna do that you could start at the top of a 45 dergree hill too.

·
Spoolin' Fool
434 Posts
My truck has been running like poop lately but last time i had it to the track i ran a [email protected] Time for you guys to add a turbo!

·
The Primered Panther
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Who makes a turbo for 4.3's? How much $$$

·
Off Roadin' Jimmy
103 Posts
My 4.3 vin w ran a 17.02 in the 1/4. Its in a '94 4x4 4-door Jimmy, so I think thats alright. I just wish I was lucky enough to get the 4.11 gears, but stuck with 3.43's until my co-op and I can afford sfa.:evilg:
-=SHADES=-

·
Registered
16 Posts
Get the 373s. 411s will just slow you down in the top end...373s will give you plenty of take off power and torque, plus it won't slow you down.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts