S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
The Primered Panther
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my truck to the strip this weekend, I only ran it twice and didn't really accomplish my goal but at least I got a couple of time slips. My reaction times sucked but my e.t.'s were ok. the first run was a [email protected] and my second was a [email protected], but my reactions on both were over a second, almost a second and a half. So if I work on my reaction I might be able to get into the 15's. In my opinion I think that's decent for a truck with 136,000 miles. Just thought I'd post this.

·
The Primered Panther
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks...I didn't know that...I guess I need to work on my takeoff then.

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
What were you're 60ft times? I pulled consitant 2.3's launching at 1500. I think you should be a little faster, like 16.1's

·
The Primered Panther
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
The Primered Panther
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Extended cab, short-wheel base, straight bed. Is there any special trick to that G-tech? I'm pretty sure it's right.

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
97SS-10 said:
Extended cab, short-wheel base, straight bed. Is there any special trick to that G-tech? I'm pretty sure it's right.
extended..ahhhhhhh, thats why. You're carrying an extra 300-400lbs then me.

G-Techs are tricky to get right, you need a perfectly flat road and need to have it perfectly level.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I currently have a 4x4 4.3 HO 97 S-10 LS. 373 rear gears.
First couple of runs sucked. 17's and 18s at 86-89mph. I got a 16 flat in at 92mph. Some guys told me to run it in 4x4 mode and i would put more traction on the road. I never got to try it though. When I ran the 18 it was against a 5.7 Firebird 99 model. I roasted my tires for 104 feet. A lot of people were impressed and they thought it was just cool. I also had a time of .499 against a 86 Vette. I put that thing in the dust. .001 of perfect and damn redlined.

Can someone point me where I can learn how to make my rear end posi track? I hate the one wheel peels then my driver side sometimes kicks in.

·
formally Lownoma
2,458 Posts
i took my truck to the track and ran it with the stock tires instead of the 18's increased time by 3 10ths..best ive ran with my truck on a cooler day was 15.75 at 86 mph thats with the mods below and the power steering bypass'd with a shorter belt... i need posi..oh yah and i also have a extended cab truck

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
G-Techs dont like burnout launches. Start a little bit slower and you'll get a better time. I dont know if its accurate or not but you can impress your friends. I guess if you were ganna do that you could start at the top of a 45 dergree hill too.

·
The Primered Panther
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Who makes a turbo for 4.3's? How much $$$

·
Off Roadin' Jimmy
103 Posts
My 4.3 vin w ran a 17.02 in the 1/4. Its in a '94 4x4 4-door Jimmy, so I think thats alright. I just wish I was lucky enough to get the 4.11 gears, but stuck with 3.43's until my co-op and I can afford sfa.:evilg:
-=SHADES=-

1 - 20 of 111 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.