S-10 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I'll start my own build thread so ya'll can follow along on the progress. I will update it as time goes along, but the progress will be slow since its stored at my fathers in MI while I am stationed in GA. From what Ive seen so far this is a little out of the ordinary here since Im not laying frame, and never will (barring some catastrophic failure). I bought this 85 S10 off of a close friend of mine for $600 to help him with some medical bills and tuition costs. He already started work on it, as did the prior owner. I have owned her for a year, but have spent a months worth of time on her.

Fresh off the tow truck, the guy was great dropping it by the fence and helping push it back.

Obviously it didnt last like this for long. It already had a TH350 trans with a B&M 3200 stall, and the V8 mounts so I slapped a little 305 in there for mock up and until I get the 4 bolt 350 built. I also had to do something with that fuel cell. The next three days.......

Moved and flipped the frame support behind the spring perches for this...

And further into the next night...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
That was all the first time I was up there. The second time up it was time to tackle the interior. Another week of welding, wrenching, a little design and a discovery of nightmares......

The seat is non adjustable, set to myself. The uneven floorboard solution took some metal, some beer, and a cheap welder.

I also sent the dash out for some aluminum work, gutted everything out behind it and started tackling the wiring.

Through out this I found some rust in the drivers floorboard to repair, a melted wiring harness, and a lot of patch work in the firewall. The cage is on the to do list, along with another seat, harness, wiring, and gauges.

·
Registered
739 Posts
looks like its gonna be a sickk project. ill be checkin for updates on this

·
I Like 2 Cut Shit Up.
1,091 Posts
Sweet project! The truck is in nice shape and really clean. I will be watching this one. I don't think that it is out of the ordinary that you are not laying frame, I just think the guys laying frame or body like to show there trucks off more and post pics in every thread. lol.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks guys, she was a good start with the trans, mounts, interior, spare parts, dropped 3/4 (I think), exhaust, and comp engineering shocks. So far this is on the list and plans.

4 bolt main 350, forged rotating assembly, electric water pump, low mount alternator, heads/cam/intake, MSD ignition.
Nitrous
Battery relocation
Finish wiring (dash, engine)
gauges
second seat and harness
Manual steering box (have one, dont know what its out of)
Rebuild/replace/8.8 swap rear (still in the air)
Fill firewall, fix rust
lexan windows
Front runners/slicks
10pt cage
suspension
and whatever else comes along lol.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I got a killer deal on something special. I'll have it when my jeep sells next week, but my buddy covered me so hes holding it till I pay him back. Pics to come soon. Have to love suspense. :D

·
Registered
607 Posts
Nice project ya got goin. Im tuned in for sure. Like the original color combo with the wheels.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well just got back from my buddies, and time to unveil the surprise.......

Full bottle, plate, solenoids, lines, brackets, and jetting from 50hp to 250hp for $150

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
18,047 Posts
Nice $150 prize!!

Looks like a fun project

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well got more done to the truck, not as much as I wanted but it progress. Pics will be up when I get time after Christmas. Also have a how-to for re-pinning and repairing a factory harness.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well here is the long awaited updates.

First is a updated pic of the engine bay, dad stole the spreadbore holley 750....

So I stole his square bore intake and holley 600 for my nitrous kit... Fabbed up some solenoid brackets from aluminum too.

Also got the dash back from my buddy and installed.

Just have to install the new intake, rebuild the carb, install the gauges, plumb the N2O and fuel lines and finish the wiring to get her on the road and at the track. :D Most likely have all of that done in April.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well back to work on her. Got the battery relocated, wiring is almost done, and nitrous bottle mounted. Just have to get all the plumbing done, find some gremlins and fire her up.

·
Registered
849 Posts
nice truck man check mine out some time it called 89 project s10 it real done get good tell the threed page but you no how it is where kind of doing the same thing

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I got a lot more done to her. Started with mounting the bottle and relocating the battery.

The first location didnt work as planned and after a little reworking found a new spot.

After all of all of that I started on the wiring and the dash. Ive had to rewire just about every harness in this truck and chase multiple gremlins. In the end though she runs, all the lights work and the gauges came out good.

Lastly I started getting some items for the 350 build. Weiand intake, stamped 1.6 roller rockers, and some valve covers.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well another long awaited update. I got another week off to work on her. Have to rewire it again, have a constant hot to the coil and it will not shut off. Runs really well for the short time before the starter died. Also completed the trans cooler and cleaned the cab out.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well havent updated this in a bit. Havent done anything but collect parts so far. Bought some parts off of friends on another site, and received some for helping out in times of need. Got enough -8 line and fittings to do my fuel system, fuel filter, switch panel, entire untouched wiring harness (to many issues with the butchered one), distributor, 750cfm holley, and camshafts. These beauties just showed up yesterday.

Still got a long shopping list to go, but shes getting there slowly. Now only if I could have more time to work on her.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts