S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
praise the lower'd
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was reading somewhere and came across someone saying that airride is comming out with some 1/2" ridepros!!! i want.... my ridepros now are a little slow...to say the least. but does anyone know the skinny on theses valves?

tell me what you know :)

thanks
scott

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
really? i want them! i have the ride pro max, and youre right, its not as fast as it could be...

·
Registered
271 Posts
not ride pros

but there are 1/2" SMC's out already, i think they would be crazy quick. cause i got 3/8" SMC's and its already uncontrollable, im getting mufflers tomorrow so i can be able to hit ride height. i cant even imagine running 1/2" valves with 3/4" line, thats gonna be so fast it wont be funny.

·
Registered
271 Posts
well im not really sure about that

cause im an easy street dealer and i bought everything in a kit but, the retail price for those from airlift is $50 a piece, but im sure you can find them cheaper elsewhere. and yes i running 1/2" lines. its crazy:D

·
The Researcher
610 Posts
here I am again lol

Yeah, SMC go for $45.00 from air lift. I always discount the price down if you want them.

As far as 1/2" ride pros, I've seen so called spy pics but haven't heard anything from my Air Ride Rep yet about them. If they come out I'd like to know too hehehehehe.

As far as 3/8" being too fast? FTC mannnn, your not a switch pimp yet. I pimp my 3/4" 6.1cv valves like a pro. Now they are too slow for me hehehehe. I have mufflers on the dumps but they are cranked wide open all the time and I run off compressed air.

So my tip of the day, "PIMP those switches like u pimping yo HOE"

Ok, umm, time for me to leave.

·
praise the lower'd
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yah [email protected] told me he would have to kill me if he told...... so i quess they are kinda secretive about it. i want to get some faster valves but im really broke right now

i bet thoughs 3/4" vlaves must be crazy fast. is that with 1" line?

tks
scott

·
The Researcher
610 Posts
Only running 5/8" lol

I was going to do tear down and replumb again but I may n ot be keeping the truck.

·
Registered
271 Posts
im defiantely not a switch pimp yet. 3/8" is definately too fast for me. are you running dual ported?? ive seen the videos of your truck and that thign gets up man!!:D

·
Registered
893 Posts
hey Jeff, I saw the pics on AA's site of your rear setup and was wondering whats up with those valves. Are they manual? kinda new at this part wise. I bought the fbi kit and it came with electric parkers. Where can i get another set for cheap? also this dinky compressor cant keep up with me. Also the shock relocators on that xtreme.....looks like ai see a few rub marks, will those hinder turning radius. I believ i saw somewhere you mentioned this before. My front end needs help. I start to get sea sick by the time i get to work..lol As far as wheel well claerance goes.. are you having any problems? i continue to bottom out. of course this usually occurs about the time my air dam would scrape. and the rear shocks. Will the stock xtreme bilsteins work or will i need to get drop shocks? If so, what do i need to consider if anything.
Jeff

·
The Researcher
610 Posts
Dual 1/2" port

The rear set up was run with schrader valves. they were run into the bed. The customer was adddin the compressor kit later on.

The front pic of the truck with the shock relocators never seen the road yet so there couldn't of been any rubbing lol. He lost a 1/4" turn radius and we welded in extensions on the turn stops so he won't hit the shocks.

No clearance problems on the tires, rear shocks, anything will really do. not that heavy back there. I beleive we used a shorter rear shock though.

I need a new movie, those pics were slow lol.

More questions just ask.

·
praise the lower'd
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey [email protected]

im thinking of upgrading to some smc 10mm and was wondering if you could tell me how you guys retap the f9000s to 1/2" npt and not mess anything up?
could i do this to my front bags to (they are 1/4"npt right now also)

thanks a lot
scott

·
The Researcher
610 Posts
Go Slow

Don't use this as a guide to tapping but.

U go and by a very expensive drill bit, I need to find the size again.

U then drill out the hole larger. cleaning shavings as you go.

U then take the 1/2 tap, u then slowly tap out the bag, backing out as you go and take your time.

We take a little vacuum and suck out the bag just to be sure. Tip it upside down also and tap the bottom to knock shavings out.

Same can be done on the front in most cases.

Or, you can send us all the bags u wanted ported and we port for $20 a bag.

·
praise the lower'd
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
allright thanks. about the magnet thing..arent the tops of f9000 bags aluminum? do you drill them upside down?
larry was saying somthing about greasing the drill bit to attract the shaving??? should i do this? thanks for the offer to send mine in but i think i can handle it..

thanks a lot
scott

·
The Researcher
610 Posts
U know, after I posted that hole magnet thing, I thought to myself the same thing u just posted. damn aluminum doesn't stick to the magnet.

I said the same thing today in the shop also was corrected lol. Don't worry abou the magnet thing.

Yes the greese will work. We use tapping greese and greese the drill bit also. This holds the shavings like Larry says.

Don't worry, they don't give me tools to work with in the shop lol.

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
what do you hold the bags with while your tapping it? are you guys just putting them in a vise?? if airride came out with 1/2" valves in a manifold like their ride pro max is now, it would be sweet, cuz i wouldnt have to move anything...lata

·
The Researcher
610 Posts
We have a mount (jig) we made that we bolt the bag into and it holds if firm.

·
The Researcher
610 Posts
Thanks for those wise words.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts