S-10 Forum banner

Which is better 1/2 inch SMC or Parker valves?

• smc 1/2 inch valves

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • parker 1/2 inch valves

Votes: 3 20.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
shysa
29 Posts
I just got my front bagged and with 175 psi and my 1/2 in smc, I cant control it. that bitch just jumps and the tires go like an inch off the ground. Im worried that im gonna ufck up my motor mounts or something

·
I hate you
2,241 Posts
I like my Parkers, never had any problems with them what-so-ever. I keep hearing that SMC's can't handle pressure and that they stick in the cold, that's something I don't need.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Thats the problems with the 3/8" valves... as explained in another thread tho, the 1/2" valves are a different type of diaphram valve, and tho the pressure rating is 217, people have still run them to 250-300 with no problems.

·
ICU H8N
768 Posts
I ran my 1/2" SMC at 210 for a long time, before turning it down to 160. Only prob i have had was freezing up, but that was only twice. It is in the garage for the winter gettin some new goodies, so thats not a problem anyway.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have 1/2 SMC fills and it's hella fast. I can hop the front about an inch or 2 at 175PSI.

·
DTC built
1,300 Posts
i run close to 200psi constantly in my 3/8". As slammedime said for the pressure rating, it's 217. If you got the money get Parkers but I'm sure you would be happy with the SMCs. Another thing, the SMC fittings are really good when used with their valves. The parker ptc fittings suck in my opion.

·
Registered
345 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts