S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Still learning
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far I know that I want to use 1/2" fills and 3/4" line, but I don't know whether I should go with 3/8" for the dumps or stay with 1/2"s. I figured the 1/2" would be too fast for just a dump, but i'm not sure. Suggestions needed. Thanks.

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
Your choice. I'd go with 1/2 dumps and use ball valves on the out side of the dump valves so you can adjust how quick it drops...

you'd still have electric valves though, just clarifyin..

·
I'm poor
1,665 Posts
I have 1/2" dumps. I put a 1/4" bushing with a 1/4" elbow in the dumps and its still fast.

·
Still learning
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh yeah, I forgot to put that about just getting reducers in my original post, so it COULD be fast, just when I wanted it too. Thats what I think i'll do.

·
Still learning
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like 3/8" might be for me then.

·
Registered Asshole
5,823 Posts
BAH, i have 1/2in dumps and i just tap them down carefully. It does set down like a pretty kitty but it does set down nice. Just takes practice.

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
I can take chuncks out of the concrete with my 3/8" smcs, so 1/2" valves would be incredablely fast, and will work great, but just make sure you use a reducer so you can control the rate at witch the truck drops... with pratice you will be able to lay it down nice and easy.

·
WANTED: 4" Bodydrop
686 Posts
98layinframe said:
I can take chuncks out of the concrete with my 3/8" smcs, so 1/2" valves would be incredablely fast, and will work great, but just make sure you use a reducer so you can control the rate at witch the truck drops... with pratice you will be able to lay it down nice and easy.
:stupid:
ill take a pic of my garage. its got like 20 chips in it from my tranny x-member :D parents arent to happy but oh well :rock:

·
Registered
51 Posts
98layinframe said:
yea^^^

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
3/8s are fast as hell on my 4 banger. I have to release in small increments cause it's loud as hell when you air it out and smack the pavement with those valves.

·
Registered
51 Posts
yea wit my 400....shell bouce off the crete...3 hits u hear when i jus dump it...i am using 3/8 dumps....kinda rough on my rockers i think??? hahah

·
s-clusive NY
280 Posts
wow, im glad i read this post, i was going to get 1/2 fill and 1/2 dumps, but it sounds like i should go with 3/8 as well
=smitcat=

·
I'm Lost
282 Posts
My 3/8 dumps are plenty fast enough for me, I would think 1/2's would be hard to control

1 - 20 of 38 Posts